Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Angel's post op Diary, PKR 2nd time on same knee  (Read 47526 times)

kiddthekatt

Re: Angel's post op Diary, PKR 2nd time on same knee
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »
Deborah;
   Thank you. I was blown away by this insensitive jerk. When I yanked the bandaide off he just looked at me like" ya, and so?" I had the minimal invasive surgery, my incision is about 3 1/2 inches in length. I guess he was looking for this huge long incision when I told him that I had had PKR twice in 8 weeks time. It's not like he didnt know that, I used to get all my meds there. NEVER again. He just lost a customer, between my husband and me, we spent close to 500 dollars a month at his pharmacy. And I am going to check into HIPAA. If he did me that way, you know he'll probably do it to someone else. One of the ladies that works for him was shocked to say the least. If the look on her face was anything to go by.
   Just keep your spirits up and time will pass real fast. I wanted to tell you, I woke up this morning with a beautiful teddy bear laying on my pillow, the old fart feeds my habits when I'm not able to. Now that is unconditional love. Take care.

Milly;
   I hate to hear that your husband went through a similiar experience. I do agree that care must be taken with script drugs, I have 9 grandbabies and the though of any of them getting into that whole scene scares me to death. But when it comes to my needs and trying to over come the last almost 4 months and treat me that way, he was wrong. My husband intends to make a trip to have a chat with him, ut oh. He has it coming. Tc Milly and I'll let everyone know how everything turns out tomorrow after the staple removal.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
Well the staples come out today. It can't come soon enough. My incision is itching so bad. Had a rough night, slept crooked or something. My knee hurts all over, my quad muscle is all but non existant right now and I just feel rotten all over. I am so tired of this, will be so happy when I can finally get on with things. Take care all.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »
Ok, this is a test to see if I have this photo insertion right. This is me he day before my 1st surgery with my Hollywoods on. My granddaughter Joslynn gave them to me to help Granny feel better. She's 7 and one of my sunshine and roses.

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 07:55:40 PM »
hi angel!!  :)
sorry i have not posted to you for a while,
i have not been feeling too great these last few days and have been a bit down with myself.
my immune system seems so low since i returned to work and im getting every ailmaent and illness going around! :-\ :P :'(
tomorrow is my last day at work for  week so im looking forward to recharging my batterys.

i hope things are going well for you and the rehabbing is coming on well. ;)
are you sore after having the staples out??
i can relate to the muscles wasting! my muscles in my right leg has disapeared!!
sorry this is brief i just wanted to pop in and say hello!!  :D

take care!

claire x
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

kiddthekatt

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »
Hi Claire;
   Bless your heart, you've had a rough time of it too. Maybe the week off will help you get over that blasted flu. The staples are gone and what a relief. I start PT Tuesday morning and I'm ready. While I was waiting on the nurse to remove the staples, I asked them about the 90 day (warranty) if you will, on the 1st surgery. I had to go back in 8 weeks for the 2 nd surgery and I think that it should be covered somewhat. Well, I was wrong. He told me " well no, it was a different surgery". I told him well, it might have been but it was because the first damn thing broke and if I had a 90 day warranty, it had better be covered. My insurance was hit with a 30,000 dollar bill for the 1 st go round. Now they want another 30,000. I dont think so. And this was outpatient mind you. I'm so tired of all this knee crap.
   I lost my job because the first surgery was a mess up, with that I lost my insurance, that goodness my husband had good insurance and he added me to his. My employer terminated me because my FML was up and he wouldn't extend it until I was released from the doctor. The first PKR didn't work, had to go back and now they want to charge us again for another surgery. I told them today that I wanted a copy of all my xrays and notes from the hospital and Dr's office. Enough is enough. No wonder health care here in the states is so expensive. I told him that I thought maybe they needed to rethink the cost of the second PKR, we'll see what happens.
    He measured my ROM and I'm sitting at 0- 100. I need to get my muscles back to working. It fills like my quad muscle is about 3 inches long if that. Take care Claire and let me know how you are.

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 11:44:55 PM »
Hi all,

Clarie sorry you have been sick.  Hope the week off gets your energy back up.  Its hard going back to work but we have to do it.  Here is to a great break and health on your return.

Angel - I agree with your fight with the OS on the second surgery.  I'm not a huge fan of insurance companies but they don't deserve to get totally taken by the medical profession either.  I hope your OS office will listen and more I hope that the ins. company will not balk at the second surgery if they do not.  So, did you husband go talk to the stupid pharmacist?  I would have loved to hear that conversation.  I love a good fight when I know I'm right and with this constant pain I'm good at fighting - tends to make me a little "testy" (there was a politically correct word)...lol

I didn't think you could lose your job even after FMLA ran out - well another new thing I learned.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  But if it helps it is their loss and hopefully after this newest surgery heals you can return to work (if you want) and the new employer will be the winner in that case.

Hope today was better for pain relief for you.  I know starting PT will tax both your strengh and your pain but it will get better.

Take care - I'll check back later.

Deborah

kiddthekatt

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 12:34:42 AM »
Thank you Deborah;
  Yes he had a nice little chat with Mr. Winters, and he brought up HIPAA. My Dave said that he thought that the jerk was going to fall out. He actually thought that I was into illegal things with my pain meds. Now that is totally laughable!! As bad as my knee hurts me at times and he had the nerve to think I would "do illegal things" with my meds. Evidently that man has never had knee problems or he would have never given it a second thought. I'm guilty of giving my daughter a couple of my Hydro when she broke a tooth over the weekend and couldn't see the dentist until Monday, but to be thought of as a pill pusher.............lol.
  The reason I was terminated is because Texas is a right to work state. Employers can fire you at any time for any reason. It's not fair, but it's the law. My ex-employer then had the nerve to tell me that I could re-apply next year. Knowing how they treat their employees, I told him that I would probably pass on the re-applying. It was a high impact. standing on my feet 8 1/2 hours a day, and I know that I can't do that anymore. I retired 6 years ago and sold my own business, but I hated sitting at home, so I went to work for the school district in food service.Five years with the school district and they treat you like they did me. I think I'll just stay re-tired this time and enjoy it.
   I'll find out Tuesday when I can start using our pool, I am so ready. The weather is just right and the pool is ready. Since my PT will be coming here, I'm sure that he'll have me use the pool for part of my session( I can always beg)..........lol
   How are you feeling Deborah? Work being kind to you? Just know that I'm thinking about you and will send a personal prayer your way. I might gripe and have a plan old hissy fit about the pain right now, but to be honest I am glad I had the PKR. The arthritis pain is gone, in the right knee anyway, and that was well worth having the surgery. Ok, now I'm going to stretch out and try to get comfortable. I bought a new foam pillow today and I'm ging to try to get a little sleep on my side tonight. Oh to get off of my back. Take care and I'll check back.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for the conversation with the pharmasist!   Glad you are doing well.  PT does get you down a bit a first, but at least you know you are doing something for your knee.  Too bad about the job.  It may be nice to retire again (my father-in-law has retired at least half a dozen times  ;)).  He can't stay sitting around too long it drives him nuts.  Best of luck with PT.  Let us know how the pillow goes.  I've been thinking about something like it since I can't let my knees touch each other when I lay on my side.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
Hi Milly and thank you. I had a wonderful nights sleep last night. First since 2nd surgery. The foam pillow did the trick. I am so glad my husband mentioned it. Now maybe I can get some comfort with the knee after PT starts. It might be worth you trying to get a foam pillow, if you can stand the softness, it's worth it all.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 03:47:37 PM »
The pillow does sound like a good idea.  All I have right now is a worn out lumpy bed pillow.  I will say it's better than nothing.  I may just get out and hunt down a good pillow this weekend.  I used to have a big body pillow which was great, but I think it migrated to one of my kid's rooms.  Like so many other things.

Take care.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
hi angel!!
it as great to hear from you again!!
im so sorry you are having to go through all this with the insurance company and your work and meds on top of everything else!!
i bet the good night sleep made you feel more refreshed!! that foam pillow sounds priceless!!
i hope the physiotherapy goes well!
im feeling much better today!! alot more positive and brighter! (having the next 9 days off work is a help!!)
take care and i'll keep popping in to see how you re doing!!
good to hear from you again too deborah! hope you are okay!
claire x

kiddthekatt

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 04:05:52 AM »
Ok, I'm going to try this once more.......... ???

kiddthekatt

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 04:11:08 AM »

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »
hey angel!!
i've replied to you in my ROM thread too!!
what a cute cat!!
is this one yours???
i love animals!!
they always know how to bring a smile to our faces and cheer us up when nothing else can!!
hope you are well today!!

kiddthekatt

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 08:04:51 PM »
Claire-
  Thank you, that's my cat Kidd. He's always sleeping in the most unusual places. I just a couple of hours on the CPM, and I had the most horrible shooting pain that ran from my medial area down my shin!! Scared me pretty bad to say the least. Felt almost like the pain I had when the first femural component broke. I shut it down and iced my knee. The pain eased but I now have that throbbing ache in the region of my medial area again. Guess I'll back off a little and see what my PT thinks Tue. The very thought of having to go back into surgery again right now is more than I want to think about. If the pain refuses to ease I'll call my OS Monday. I've been FWB for almost a week, and now I had to go back on a crutch. I've been backing off the pain meds, just had to take 1 to get this seering pain under control. DANG!! I'll check back later and let you all know how's it coming along.

Angel