Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Carticel?  (Read 2074 times)

Iona_-Uk

Carticel?
« on: September 09, 2002, 11:48:03 PM »
Hasd anyone had Carticel and had a success with it. My dad is having it done at the end of the month and is very worried, any help would be appreciated.

Iona

Offline Joanna

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Carticel?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 06:41:04 PM »
Hello,

As far as I know Carticel is the same as ACI.  I had this done last March and so far everything seems to be going ok. It is a long slow recovery as you have to wait for the new cells to grow.  I have been told it could up to two years.

I am still getting quite a bit of pain and I am not yet back to full strength but I am slowly cutting down the painkillers.  My old pain has gone and I only suffer if I do too much or twist the knee.

Are you in the UK?  I think Carticel is an American term, my op was done in London.  The success rate is pretty high.  There are links to information about ACI/Carticel on the site.

Hope this helps

Joanna
3 Arthroscopies; 2000 - Shaving and clean out; 2001 - Wash Out; 2002 - 1st Stage ACI. 2nd Stage ACI - 2002; Arthroscopy to check ACI graft - 2003; ACI failed - Jan 2005; High Tibial Osteotomy & MACI - March 2006; Hardwear removal - 2007; MACI failed - 2009.