Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Still Have Pain  (Read 658 times)

Offline Macy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Still Have Pain
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:45:23 AM »
Hi all,Im still having alot of pain in my knee after almost 3 weeks of having 2 miniscus tears removed..If I walk very much the pain gets worse.Im still using the crutches most of the time..I also had a bakers cyst on back of knee and it feels like its still there..I am having more pain than before the surgery..Before the surgery my OS said I may have some nerve damage because I told him that the warm blanket they put on me hurt my knee cap..He said that was something different than the 2 tears..I had been having that problem but thought it was part of the tears..Maybe Im just being impatient and thought the surgery would make the pain go away...Should I still be hurting this much?? I will be going back to the OS in 10 days..I did call them last week and the PA said it would take a month before the pain goes away...I feel like I should be feeling some better than worse...I also have siaticia sometimes and it feels like that sometimes...I started getting dizzy when I turned my head to the right when I was laying down..My regular doctor said it was vertigo from my right ear..he gave me meds for that..I think it may be the pain meds..
I can handle most of that but the pain in my knee is still so bad..How long does it usually take??????
Thanks
Macy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Still Have Pain
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:07:02 AM »
You are not long way out from surgery and we heal very differently and with 2 tears the knee will need time to get stable again after surgery.
Are you elevating and iceing when you can ? Are you on antiinflammatories ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Macy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Still Have Pain
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
Thank you Nettan for answering.. I have just been worried that I have not seen any improvement..I am elevating and icing..I am taking advil..The doctor did not give me any thing else..It helps to hear that it takes time..I can handle that..I just get worried that Im worse than before the surgery. I will try to remember that it does take time..
Thanks again
Macy