Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Glinda's Post-Op TTT 5-7-07  (Read 29043 times)

Offline *Margaret

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Glinda's Post-Op TTT 5-7-07
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
WAY TO GO GLINDA!!

i am glad you have your immobilizer off, it must feel so good.  Please be careful driving, you do not need a car accident. Becareful what you do without your brace.

thanks for the good news, i am hoping i have good news on wed which i think i will. talk to you tonight  ;D
"ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" ~SPAMALOT

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
I had the numbness on the side of my leg after ACLr.  It reduced in size of numbness over 2-3 years and then it was normal.  Now after TKA it is back again and the same story..may go away, may not.  I can tell I am getting some of the feeling back already.  Do you get a weird feeling when you shave over the numb place?
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2007, 12:46:29 AM »
YEA GLINDA  ;D Take it slow and before you know it you will be BRACE FREE!

I got most of the feeling back in that numb spot after my 1st TTT but i'm not sure how long it took.  Give it some time!

Watch out world...Glinda is behind the wheel again!!!  8) ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D

Catch ya later!
Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2007, 03:22:43 AM »
Thank you guys for all of your kind words of support!!!!! 

Louann - yes it does feel weird to shave in the numb area - I don't like it much! 

I am so excited to drive my little boy to his swim lesson on Wednesday - I can hardly wait.

YIPPEE!!!!

Glinda

Offline maile433

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • My goal is to be the person my dog thinks I am.
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2007, 04:52:47 AM »
Woohoo!!!  Congrats on ditching (mostly) the brace!!!  How liberating!!!!!!!

Glad to hear the good news.  Hope the knee holds up to all the little tests it will be going through in the next few weeks.   :D

How are you doing, aside from the knee?

Sarah
7/03 RK medial meniscus repair & partial lateral meniscectomy
2/04 RK partial medial meniscectomy & microfracture
1/05 RK medial & lateral partial meniscectomy & microfracture
8/06 RK OATS autograft LFC + LR

Offline krissie

• Forum Faithful
  • Hockey is life
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2007, 02:33:02 AM »
Oh Glinda I am SO SO SO happy for you!!!  Isn't it amazing how we live with such awful restrictions and things and then when we're to be rid of them it takes time to get used to it?  I'll tell you to take it slow but I'm sure you'll overdo it just like the rest of us, pay with pain and fatigue for a couple of days and then ease back to normal  ;D  Bummer about your son but just think what a big boy he'll become from having to be on his own two feet all the time!

I too have the funny feeling while shaving - sometimes I can even press on one part of my knee and feel it in a totally different part of my knee!

I'm up to my eyeballs with packing part of the kitchen and moving the other parts down to the basement where our "temporary" kitchen will be.  Haven't even started packing for NC - ugh.  My electrician is going to move my "office" downstairs in the morning which will require him to rewire my internet and phones so I'll probably be offline all day Wednesday if not Thursday too.  If you don't hear from me, please know that you'll be in my thoughts and I'll have my fingers crossed for a rapid upswing in your mobility!  I'll be back 7/8 and hope to check in with everyone then.

Glinda, Sarah, Margaret, Karen, Kat, Louann, Rachel (if she ever returns), Saul, et al., have a great week+ and I'll talk with you all soon - K

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2007, 03:25:52 AM »
Sarah - it seems like it has been forever since I have chatted with you.  I am doing okay!   ;D  It seems like half of the Summer break is already gone and I haven't really been able to enjoy much of it yet with the kiddos.  I am hoping to start getting in the swing of things.  Now the real question is how are you doing?  And how is Maile and your hubbie adjusting to being without the grouchie ole Max?  Hey I do have three kittens that will be ready in a week or two.....  Maybe you could take a little road trip and take a kitten back with you as a souvenir (sp?).  I think that is a great idea.   

I was outside today with Aaron (my five year son) playing with the kittens and my husband came home from work - I told him that the kittens would be ready in a week or two to go to their new home.  He said, "Really?" "Well, they just don't look very old!" "Maybe we should wait until they are eight weeks old before we have them removed from their mommy."  I just shook my head and said yeh that might be best.  All along he has always told us how much he hates cats and that he would never have one of his own.  Now that there are these three little adorable kittens I catch him playing with them, holding them, and now he is making excuses for why they need to stay for a little while longer.  I knew there was a softie in him. 

Krissie - good to hear from you before the big move with the construction started.  Otherwise I would have worried something was up.  If you happen to see this before you go on vacation - Enjoy your time!!!!  Thank you so much for all of your support over the past few weeks - all of the personal messages really helped to keep me on track.

Today I am incredibly sore from not using the brace - I was expecting that so it is not really a complaint.  That is about it from here - I hope all is well with everyone else.  I am going to check on everyone else now.
Take Care all.
Glinda

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2007, 02:42:06 AM »
I haven't been on the computer for the past few days - I have had a horrible migrain headache.  My husband had to take me to the Dr. to get a shot for nausea on Friday.  I have been in bed with this migrain for three and a half days now.  Today is the first that I have gotten up and even tried to function.  Ughhhhhhhh  Right now my knee feels great compared to the throbbing right side of my noggin.

Hope everyone is doing well.  I am going to lay back down.  Take Care all.  I will try to check in with everyone when my head feels better.
Glinda

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2007, 02:49:25 AM »
Oh you poor thing!  :'( :'( :'(  I have been there.  I hope you feel better soon!

Take care hun,
Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:53 AM »
Glinda,

Time to visit you in your post op world. So sorry about the migraine. I have a close friend who has to deal with them and she has to also stop everything. My only migraines are my kids and the way I figure it, I have 1 more year of their headaches. LOL  Well at least it takes away from the knee, so just remember when we were younger; we were told that if it hurts than don't do that  ::) ::) ::). Tried to make a joke  ???

Take it easy
Saul
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2007, 02:26:05 AM »
We are leaving town for a couple of weeks.  Sports scalloping season open Wed. and we can't miss the season.  We will be gone for a couple of weeks, well maybe 3.  I know we will be back before August.  So checking the boards will not be on the top of my list for a while.

See you when the sun goes down.
Louann

Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20:44 AM »
Oh Louann you funny gal.  Have a nice trip. 

Saul it is nice to hear from you.  I hope PT has been good to you.  I haven't been checking the diaries much lately.  I did see that you were the lucky one to chat with Donna though.  I am so jealous.  But so glad that you were able to and so glad that you shared that with us. 

Today is 8 weeks post-op and my knee is feeling pretty good.  Every now and then I have some pretty sharp pains when I move wrong but I am sure until I have the full strength back that is to be expected.  I am using 3 lb. weights on my ankle during exercises to help strengthen my quads and calf muscle.  3 lbs. have never felt so heavy!!!  I am pretty sore the day after physical therapy.  Grrrrrrrrr  I am no longer taking pain meds - thank goodness.  However, when I stopped taking the prescribed pain meds I started having rebound migraine headaches so I am  now just waiting that out.  My neurologist today said that could take up to 2 to 3 weeks.  uggggggghhhhhh  Sooooooo, I really can't complain about my knee.

That's all for now.  Take care all.
Glinda

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »
Happy 4th of July to everyone!!!  I will not be in the chatroom tonite because we are going to see the fireworks with our little one.  I hope everyone is having a fun filled 4th and that the knees are holding up.  Take care all - I will check in tomorrow.

Glinda

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »
Friday night here and we are just settling in to spend the evening with the kids.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive - just been very busy with family and the July 4th Holiday.  I will try to catch up with everyone after the weekend.  Take care all.
Glinda

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
Thank you,

::) ::) ::) ::)
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

support