Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!! ANYTHING!!!  (Read 3428 times)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • My Facebook Profile
PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!! ANYTHING!!!
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
i am in sooo much pain.  :'( my calf and foot are going numb, and i have unbearable pain in my calf right now. i dont know if it is a pinched nerve or not.

please help me,
jak :'(
 :'(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:28:00 PM by FindnNemo91 »
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline 2ndmate

• Regular Poster
Re: Please Help, ASAP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
Could it possibly be a blood clot?  Have you had any surgeries?

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »
i have never had any surgeries , but the pain has lessened a bit. it seems worse when i am walking.

jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:31:16 AM »
Hey Jak,

You may well have a trapped nerve, blood clot, pulled muscle, ruptured tendon or any number ofother problems with your knee or leg that cannot be diagnosed on this site. I thik in the first instance you need to see your family doctor/GP and see what he says. If the problem is beyond his expertise he should refer you to an OS. Do you have pain in your knee? Or just your calf and foot? Is is worse during or after certain activities? Can you sleep through the pain at night? Does the pain increase at night? Does RICE help? Are you taking pain killers or anti inflammatory drugs? Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees or feet? What do you usually do to ease the pain? How long have you been suffering with the pain?

These are all questions you need to think about to give your doctor as much information as possible. Once you've had a full diagnosis, you should be able to get a treatment/rehab plan and long term prognosis.

Please see your doctor to find out what is wrong asap. The sooner you see a doctor, the sooner you can start getting better. Let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline VanillaBeanGonzo

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 12:14:47 AM »
I would have this checked ASAP!!!!
February 2002--Popliteal cyst and Cartilage Repair

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 12:31:42 AM »
Well, i went to the OS on monday, and he said that there was "nothing wrong." my knee is in soo much pain, there is no way to describe it. it is almost unbearable!!! my foot and calf and knee are swelling a little. i cant do any activities, i am on crutches. the pain wakes me up at night. RICE doesnt help and neither does aspirin, ibuprofen, naprosyn, or lodine. sometime i sleep with a pillow between my knees. i never can ease the pain. i have been suffering with knee pain for about 8 years, but this calf pain has been on and off for about 15 weeks or so. it is getting so hard to deal with. my OS says "Pt is ur treatment." and that is all, he wants to do a bone scan if pt doesnt work. i have to do it 2 times a week for 6 weeks.

any advice?
thanks in advance,
jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

kc1124

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 02:42:07 AM »
Hi Jak,

I am so sorry you are in so much pain.  Pain is an awful thing.  I have been dealing with severe knee pain for a long time now. 

Calf pain often signals a blood clot.  You should try to get to your family doctor to make sure you do not have a blood clot.  A simple venous doppler ultra sound can detect blood clots. 

I've read your other post and I am wondering if your pain is from an injured knee or maybe an injured nerve.  Did you hurt your foot or achilles tendon?  Did the OS send you for x-rays or an MRI.  I read he may send you for a bone scan. 

I feel so bad for you.  I hope you feel better soon.  Are you still going to the parade?  Have you worked it out?  Let me know how you are doing.

KC

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »
thanks for responding.

i did not hurt my foot, not that i know of. i am calling the doc right now, cuz my foot and ankle and calf are very swollen right now. i do have an ace bandage on, but it is not very tight. my lower left leg is also colder than the other one. earlier in the day, i could not move my leg AT ALL!!! not even side to side. my calf is hurting and it hurts to even touch my kneecap. what to do???

calling doc and will let know what happens!!

jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 11:27:36 PM »
they want me ASAP!! but i dont have a ride until bout 4!!!! (my time)

anybody know why ur calf would be hard???

thanks,
jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!! ANYTHING!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:31:16 PM »
OMG!!!

i just had a dizzy spell!!! i dont know what is from!!!

Anything??? going to doc in 30 minutes!!

thanks,
jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline VanillaBeanGonzo

• Regular Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
it honestly sounds like either a blood clot or blockage of that nature.

Please let us know what the doctor says!!!!!!!!
February 2002--Popliteal cyst and Cartilage Repair

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:02 PM »
i am just waiting for my ride!!

thanks soooooooo mcuh, i hope everything goes well!!!

jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 12:11:50 AM »
srry, i took so long to reply back.

i have been soo busy.

when i went to the doc, he had to send me to the hospital to get an ultrasound to check for blood clots. there were none, but they couldnt tell me why my foot and ankle was sooo swollen. my OS said he has never seen anything like this before and that it is way out of the range of orthopedic care, but he didnt tell me where or what to do/go. i have been on crutches for 2 weeks, and i just started PT last week. she says that she is pretty sure that she can fix whatever is wrong so that i can go back to my daily life, but i have been there twice and we havent done any exercise. i think that i might be too rushy, but i just want this thing to be fixed, so i can go back to playing sports, but more importantly, get off these crutches, and not have to wear a brace everyday. a lot of people tell me that the best diagnostic thing is an arthroscopy, but i dont think that my OS wants to do that. he doesnt really seem interested in what i have to say, just what he thinks is wrong, and what he thinks is the right thing, not anyone elses questions. i am stuck in PT twice a week, and so far, all i have done is stretches that she showed, and all those have done is make the pain worse. she doesnt know why massage and swimming would make my pain worse, but it does. i guess that i am just a special case. :)

thanks,
jak

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »
Jak, if you have been on crutches for a while, you have to count with that it will take time to come back.
Patience is the key.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Brown Dog

• Regular Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:25 PM »
I had intense pain  suddenly three before a arthroscopic meniscus surgery.  If it is not a blood clot then it sounds like nerve pain.  It does not respond well to pain killers.  Is your leg actually swollen, or just feels like it? with my nerve pain I could barely walk painkillers did not work and on the back of my leg I get a burning sensation and numbness in my foot.  It also makes my leg feel like it is swollen even tho it is not. I think a EMG test would be indicated to rule out any nerve problems.  good luck