Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What to say to surgeon - it obviously not alright!  (Read 642 times)

Offline nzchik

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What to say to surgeon - it obviously not alright!
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:43:35 AM »
After five years of knee problems (ACLr, two cyclops lesions, bone spurs, meniscal debribement and lateral retinacular release) i had returned to my surgeon still complaining of pain - had a MRI done and he decided that there was nothing major wrong that he could do anything about....
Still having pain, last wed out of the blue knee began to swell and pain turned into agony (no obvious injury - was on bed studying late at night) - went to hospital and was put back in a rom brace and on crutches - 5 days on can barely weight bare and still in a lot of pain.
Returning to surgeon on thurs this week.... need advice on what to say to him! im only 19 and dont want to be stuck like this for rest of life
May 02: ACL rupture
Nov 02: ACL recon
Oct 04: Reinicular Release
June 06: Meniscal debribement
June 07: Arthroscopy
Feb 08: rerupture ACL, tear MCL, cartilage x2
Aug 08: tidy up
Nov 09: ACLr redo with allograft
Aug 11: ACL rupture #3
Mar 12: ACL recon stage 1 bone grafts. Knee pretty much shagged

trainwreck

Re: What to say to surgeon - it obviously not alright!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:01:30 AM »
Be very specific with your OS.  I would type up everything knee related that has happened.  They can't read our  minds so you should try really hard to document everything.  I know when I meet with my OS I bring a list of everything I want to know and give it to her.  She always answers every question for me.  If I don't go prepared with my list I get nervous and forget to ask questions.  A good OS does not mind answering questions ,  I would tell them everything related to your knee let then weed out what is and isn't important.  That why they are the doctors and we are the patient,  Good luck I hope you let us know what you find out.  I hope it isn't anything major.  You have already had more than your share of knee problems.
Allison

Offline nzchik

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: What to say to surgeon - it obviously not alright!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:53:51 AM »
Cheers for that! I have got everything written out and will take along a good list of questions!
May 02: ACL rupture
Nov 02: ACL recon
Oct 04: Reinicular Release
June 06: Meniscal debribement
June 07: Arthroscopy
Feb 08: rerupture ACL, tear MCL, cartilage x2
Aug 08: tidy up
Nov 09: ACLr redo with allograft
Aug 11: ACL rupture #3
Mar 12: ACL recon stage 1 bone grafts. Knee pretty much shagged