Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: able to move knee ligaments out of place, need help?  (Read 940 times)

Offline ou852000

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
able to move knee ligaments out of place, need help?
« on: May 08, 2007, 04:08:33 AM »
I had an accident on a trampoline at the age of 13.  I am not sure if I hyperextended it or just landed wrong.  After this accident my right knee was locked in a bent position and I had to have someone force it into a straightened position.  I never had it looked at and it swelled up for around 6 to 8 weeks.  I had a sharp shooting pain anytime I tried to flex or bend it.  20 years later I am having some dull pain and I am able to move what appears to be tendons or ligaments on both side of my knee out of place by pressing down on my lower thigh and working torwards my knee cap.  When I do this my knee locks up and I have to force them back into place.  This can be pretty painful and I occassionally have problems with this happening when my kids jump on my lap and put pressure on this area.  I am seeking out help from a professional orthropedic surgeon but in the meantime I would appreciate any opinions as to what type of injury I may have sustained.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:38:06 AM by ou852000 »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: able to move knee ligaments out of place, need help?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »
Could be a combination of injuries. Are you stable in the joint or unstable..except for the thing you explained you could do ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: able to move knee ligaments out of place, need help?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
Forcing a knee to straighten when it doesn't want to is a bad idea. Usually it means something is stuck in there. You probably tore it more by forcing it. When I tore my ACL it got stuck in my joint and I couldn't straighten my knee. The surgeon ended up just removing the torn bits of my ACL because back in those days they didn't know how to fix them. You should have taken care of your knee way back when. My guess is you have all kinds of damage in there now.

support