Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help!!!! Anyone that has had Fulkerson  (Read 580 times)

Offline jeannine36

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help!!!! Anyone that has had Fulkerson
« on: May 05, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
I had fulkerson in Jan. about aweek ago i started to get a pain in the area with the screws i mentioned it to my PT and he said it could be the screw or the bone. It is really bothering me it hurts and burnes and itches Weird HA. I dont know what they are gonna do if it is the screw. Its Sat. so i have to wait untill Monday to call my Doc and he does Surgery on Mon so who knows if i will even talk to him on Mon. Anyone have this Prob Please help............

Thanks
jeannine

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
Re: Help!!!! Anyone that has had Fulkerson
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
I just had my TTT done on May 7th.  I was told that they sometimes have to remove the screws if the patient has pain or problems at the site.  I obviously do not have personal experience with this but in reading some of the other entries on these sites it seems to be somewhat common to have them removed and it sounds like it is a fairly simple procedure.  I guess If I were you I would research some more and just read through some of th entries on this forum.  You are at the right place you just need to be patient.

Good luck.
Glinda

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • OSCAR
Re: Help!!!! Anyone that has had Fulkerson
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:09 AM »
Hi Jeannine,

I had the Fulkerson TTT in 2003 and fortunately I've had no problems with the screws. However, it's not uncommon for people to have the screws removed. If you call your OS and he's not available he should get back to you but even if you end up only speaking with his secretary, she shold be able to reassure you and tell you about what I think is a relatively simple procedure.

If you are in pain the take pain killers as necessary adn try to elevate to prevent swelling. This can help until you get to see or speak with your OS. It really is nothing to worry about but take it easy fo the time being.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02 - L/Release
13/08/03 - Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05 - Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06 - Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06 - RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07- Excision of scar tissue
30/07/07 - PKR suggested by OS (no date yet)