Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: aspiration?  (Read 574 times)

Offline Vanessa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
aspiration?
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:33:48 AM »
Good Day...

Briefly saw my OS today and he is suggesting that if my cyst does not go down or continues to get worse, he is going to aspirate it.  He believes that it is synovial fluid and not blood at this point, as clear pale yellow fluid oozed out of the portal 6 days ago...

If he aspirates it, what are the odds it may return, if in fact it is synovial in nature.  I am nearly 4 weeks post-op plica resection/LOA and would imagine that the joint capsule is healed by now, as I am full weight-bearing and walking without crutches.

I was worried about infection, but do not feel sick/feverish and the incision appears to be healing well.

Anyone know if any complications from aspiration or post-op scar tissue formation with a cyst on the outside of one's knee cap?  Couldn't I just "live with it?"  Although not aesthetically pleasing, does not appear to be mucking with my mechanics yet!

Once I am cleared to do soft tissue massage again (hopefully in a few days), could this possibly do the trick and my body reabsorbs (spelling?) the fluid or should I just suck it up and face the needle??

Thanks!