Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Went to Ortho this week...  (Read 676 times)

Offline mykneehurtz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Went to Ortho this week...
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:31 AM »
After getting my MRI results which I posted...I still have no idea what they mean though.  ???  Anyhow he told me that the good news was the MRI showed a medial strain and to stay off of it.  After listening to him I told him that I had been sent an MRI report, it seemed like all of a sudden he changed his tune.  He told me that he was very concerned about the level of damage from the last MRI in January and this most recent one a few weeks ago  ???Again HUH???  He told me to use a cane or crutches and RICE as much as possible because he is concerned about the instability and that every time I fall or it gives out I am injuring it more and it gets worse.  Worse than what???  I finally asked the big question about knee replacement and he said it is coming sooner than I realize.  Then he said to wait and get this settled down and he would see me in a month to see how it is doing???  I am not trying to rush into this but it seems like he is saying conflicting things.  Nothing was wrong until I told him I had a copy of the report.  I had posted the results the other day but no one replied.  If anyone has any words of wisdom or thoughts I would really appreciate them.  I am just plain confused, in a lot of pain, and not sure what to do.  Thanks. :)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Went to Ortho this week...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:53:49 AM »
Sounds like a very confusing appointment. Maybe he has so much patients so he forgot to tell you everything direct.
If you have questions and concerns why not call back and see if he has time for a phone call at least to explain better.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.