Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Wiggle Knee Cap  (Read 2885 times)

Offline bill1971

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Wiggle Knee Cap
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:45:59 PM »
What a great site, I have ongoing knee problems, so this is a big help. My question however deals with my girlfriend. On Saturday while rollerblading she fell and needed 3 stiches in the front of her knee. There was of course some swelling, but one thing that bothers us is that her knee cap "wiggles", it can move around while the other one cant. I think it may be fluid behind the knee cap, but we're not sure. Also should she ice it more and stay off it, or is it good to keep it moving? Any help would be appreciated!

trainwreck

Re: Wiggle Knee Cap
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:43:56 AM »
Hi I gotta start by saying I think it is sweet you are checking on this for your girlfriend.  I am not a medical professional so I hesitate to give you specific information ,that said ,I will tell you if that were my knee I would definately ice it and elevate above the heart for swelling.  I would continue to use that knee.  If you baby it your intentions are good but the results not so much. I doubt she seriously hurt anything in there and not using it will make it  stiff I suspect.  You sound like you personally have some knee issues and I would hate to see her in that same situation.
I know i was vague am just worried I could advise you wrong and make things worse. I can only tell you what I personally would do if it were my knee.
Best of luck to you and welcome to this site.  It is an incredible source of help.
Allison