Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pinching in my right knee when taking a full stride to walk.  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Bball Fool

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone!
I have had two knee surgery's on my right knee since 1994.  Back in 1994 I tore my ACL and miniscus and had the ACL repaired with ligamnet from my knee cap, and the minuscus just cleaned up.  About a year and a half ago I had my miniscus torn again, and I wnet back under the knife to have it sewn back together.  At this point, I tried to play Bball the other day, and now have a little swelling in my right knee and have a pinching when I extend my right leg fully to walk.  Any thoughts on what this could be?  Is this a meniscus tear again, or just the swelling?

Go Pistons!

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Pinching in my right knee when taking a full stride to walk.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:39:52 PM »
Hi i also get pinching on trying to take a full stride mine was a fat pad impinging the joint so had to go under the knife again to remove it but guess what it was back again after two weeks post op,i would talk to your os about it good luck.
r/k patellar chrondroplasty,patellar debridement,lateral tear micro fracture.nerve problems l/k full dislocation lateral tear meniscus tear.twice.

Offline tenabutter

• Regular Poster
Re: Pinching in my right knee when taking a full stride to walk.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »
I also got the pinching on the inside of my right knee after my first scope last March. They ended up doing a mircrofracture  during that surgery and everytime I talked to the PA and OS after the surgery, they kept saying it sounds like it is still healing. I finaly went to another OS in December, he went in to see what was going on and my patella is chipped and it is pinching the fat pad and cartalidge there. I still have the pinching feeling, and trying to aviod it, I began using my hip to walk and not the knee so now I am back in PT for the hip and to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I would have the OS do a contrast MRI to see if anything shows or perhaps another scope to see why it is happening. Because we went 6 months without checking mine, I have lost all cartalidge around the knee. Yours may not be the same as what I had, but I would not take it lightly until it is diagnosed.

Good Luck,
Tena
3/17/2006 RK Microfracture
12/28/2006 RK Scope

support