Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: shoe insoles??!!  (Read 654 times)

Offline Elliejane

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
shoe insoles??!!
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:46:13 AM »
Hello

I have terrible knee pain and have recently started to get back pain too, i went to have my back sorted and the masseuse said that i may have fallen arches and could get some shoe insoles to correct this. However i have had alot of trouble in the past with people telling me to have insoles. one example is that my physiotherapist gave me some insoles to support my arches but when i went back to her she had left and so i had a new physio and he told me that i was bow legged and need insoles to make my feet turn inwards (insoles like arche supports but instead of having them built up on the inside to support my arches they were built up on the outside to support......well i dunno!!) these new insoles cost 100 each!!!
so in the space of a few months my feet were all over the place and i found that the insoles really affected my knees (typical! because their not bad enough already!)
so i was just wondering what other people would do in my situation as i am reluctant to try insoles again!

Thanks
Ellie
xxxx
18 years old and had nearly 6 years of knee trouble! tried almost everything other than surgery apart from arthroscopies on both knees! wish there was a magic cure! :-)

Offline Papalazarou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: shoe insoles??!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
Hi, I'm not a pediatrist, but I have been using orthotics for years and obviously everyone is different with regard to their requirements.
For example; I have bowed shins which means I tend to walk on the outside of my feet which means my feet have to work really hard. If I put my feet flat on the floor, my knee tips-in and can give me pain.
Therefore I wear orthotics which give me support on the inside and help my feet by helping them stay in their natural position which is tilted outwards, it also keeps 'hopefully' my legs in line and reduces the potential for back ache.

I use orthotics for cycling too which is an imposed movement and they have helped considerably.

My ameture advice would be to bite the bullet and go see a pediatrist with a good reputation who can give you solid advice.
I use a company called Bodyfactor in Chertsey 01932 564364.(Catherine) IMO they are pretty good.

Cheers,

James.

Offline ChrisAngel

• Forum Faithful
  • Never grow up :)
Re: shoe insoles??!!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:05:56 PM »
I also have a pair of orthotics. I have low arches in my feet. Got the orthotics when I was somewhat over twenty (21-22 or so). I have plantar faschitis in the bottom of my feet, which used to make my heels hurt. My ankles also tend to hurt badly from time to time. This was investigated and conclusion was to get these orthotics. They are now old and sure worn out and lost some of their strenght, but have not had the money to get new ones. These at the time, cost about (at the time 800 FIM, before euros) 140 ~ $ 190 ~ 96. I'm sure the prices have gone nothing but up since.

I have a pair of winter shoes specially bought to fit the orthotics in. I use them every winter. Have worked, cuz usually in the summer I don't need them. Until now. Actually today going to buy me some summer shoes that could fit the orthotics in.

Ask around and compare prices, because orthotics really work and help!

Chris
*~
31 young :)
RemovePlica
-L 12/98+R 9/99
RemoveScartissue
-L&R 4/04
RemovePlica&scartissue
-L 8/06 ->R postponed for now (need to find a new surgeon..*sigh*)
*Fibromyalgia+CPS+Acid Reflux+Tietze's syndrome+CFS+depression*

support