Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to board - multiple left knee surgeries  (Read 591 times)

kc1124

New to board - multiple left knee surgeries
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »
Hi.  I am new to the board.  I am really glad I found this.  As you can see from my signature, I am battling mulitple problems with my left knee.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I may meet some "knee friends" and "share the pain?"

Thanks for any help.

KC

Offline maile433

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • My goal is to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Re: New to board - multiple left knee surgeries
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 05:27:54 AM »
KC,

You've come to the right place!  Welcome aboard!  Take a look around at the posts & join in wherever you wish!  No need to stick to one particular area just because you have or haven't had a particular surgery - feel free to chime in anywhere.  There are great people here, with tons of knowledge based on their own experiences or what they've learned from others on this board or elsewhere.  You'll find tons of support for both the physical and mental aspects of injuries, surgeries, recoveries, or anything else.

Hope you like what you find!
Sarah
7/03 RK medial meniscus repair & partial lateral meniscectomy
2/04 RK partial medial meniscectomy & microfracture
1/05 RK medial & lateral partial meniscectomy & microfracture
8/06 RK OATS autograft LFC + LR

Offline hil13

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 10:02:53 AM »
Welcome kc
Do as Sarah says look round all the posts. Some good info and you get educated on the way. Your not alone. Thought I was bad till I read other peoples  "pain".
Good luck

kc1124

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:20:56 AM »
Thank you for the welcome!  I am anxious to look around the boards.  I have an ortho visit next week that I am anxious to get to.  A delivery person left a box at a blind spot in front of my counter at work and when I got up from my desk and turned the corner, I fell over it and landed hard on both my knees.  This happened about 3 weeks ago.  Worker's Comp won't touch me because of the complicated history with my knee.  They actually released me and said I needed to get back to my orthopedic surgeon.  I am still black and blue and have new pain (as compared to the pain I alway have).  I hope everything is okay, but, I kind of know damage was done.  Hoping nothing too serious.

Anyway, thanks for listening and thank you for the warm welcome.  I look forward to making friends here.  I will post after my ortho visit and let you all know how I made out. 

I also hope that maybe I can share and provide some insight to other through the many experiences I have been through. 

KC

support