Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My MRI Results New Here  (Read 743 times)

Offline mykneehurtz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My MRI Results New Here
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »
Hello....I have been lurking for a while and am wondering if anyone would please decipher this for me...

Conclusion:

The anterior cruciate ligament appears somewhat unusual, somewhat thin, may have been previously partially torn, clinical correlation suggested for acl insufficiency could predispose to stress injury at the lateral femoral condyle.

New bone marrow edema seen at the posterior aspect of the lateral femoral condyle could represent a stress injury, bone bruising microtrabecular fracture. grade 1 sprain of medial collateral ligament, also a new finding.

Some blunting of free edge margin of the medical meniscus may indicate previous partial menisectomy. no clear -cut meniscal cleavage tear is seen.

extensive osteophyte formation especially projecting laterally at the patella, marking chondromalacia patella is seen.  the lateral patellar retinaculum demonstrates deficiency which could be postoperative.

a mild amount of joint effusion is seen however a rather large, greater than 1 cm rounded synovial body is seen in medial suprapatellar recess.

Thanks so much in advance.  I have had numerous knee surgeries and never pay attention to what is wrong and what is being done.  I am getting older and want to know what the dr. is saying.  Thanks so much for all of the information.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:00:44 AM by mykneehurtz »

Offline Kai

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: My MRI Results New Here
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
I am not a medical expert but there is a lady on the acl board that can explain these things exactly...   perhaps post it there.  My take...
you have a lot of old/previous and/or partially healed injuries to the knee.  You have an acl deficient knee..  the MRI shows that it is "thin" but the clinical exam is positive for no ACL.  This usually requires surgery if the knee is unstable.  Is your knee wobbly, buckly, etc ? 

You have bone bruising and swelling - which means that you had an injury recently.  Did you just hurt yourself in the last week or so ?

I think the doc was taking a "wait and see" attitude, especially in light of your history, but changed to "cover your ass" when he found you had the report.  Just an opinion.. I am not a doctor.

Good luck to you
ACLR - (patellar BTB autograft) left knee - May 31, 2006
Partial Lateral Meniscectomy right knee Feb 20, 2008
Partial Lateral Meniscectomy right knee Aug 11, 2008

Offline mykneehurtz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: My MRI Results New Here
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.  Yep it buckles and is really wobbly.  I fell down the stairs (1/2 way) my leg bent to side and backwards---if that even makes sense---the pain was so bad I was either going to heave or pass out, as a bunch of my 18 yo son's friends came running I took the more ladylike approach and just blacked out, lol.  I told the dr. it feels weird like something fell, my knee cap or the bottom of my knee, I just don't know how to explain it.  Thanks for your reply.  I am 43, and have had too many to count surgeries on this knee.  I will post this over there and thanks again.

PS I know this not from a medical expert but I do thank you so much.  It is why I come here and eventaully stop lurking, this forum has taught me to be more proactive which is why I asked for a copy of the MRI results---I had never done that before! 

support