Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pre OP blood work?  (Read 723 times)

Offline bboygabe

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pre OP blood work?
« on: April 30, 2007, 04:49:09 AM »
Anyone know what they test for?Im getting it done tomorrow and its driving me nuts not knowing what the tests are for.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:22:21 AM by bboygabe »
Complex tear of medial meniscus
Surgery scheduled for May 1st

bboy gabe breaking point crew

Offline tenabutter

• Regular Poster
Re: Pre OP blood work?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:09:07 AM »
To make sure you are healthy to go through the surgery and aneshesia. I know they did the complete blood count and iron deficiency. Good luck with the surgery and the blood work should be no problem.
3/17/2006 RK Microfracture
12/28/2006 RK Scope

Offline lozzie

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »
I had pre-op bloodwork and also a urine test. I had them both times, and they said I needed the second lot of bloodwork because it had been more than 3 months since my first operation. The first time I also had an ECG. I had to show them to my OS and also to the anesthetist, and they used them to make sure I was fit enough for the operation. The results meant absolutely nothing to me, but both doctors confirmed that they were normal and that I was in good health.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor if there is anything in the results that you don't understand.

Take care,
Lorraine.
Aug '06 Right knee LR and chondroplasty
Feb '07 Left knee LR and chondroplasty

Offline bboygabe

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »
I had pre-op bloodwork and also a urine test. I had them both times, and they said I needed the second lot of bloodwork because it had been more than 3 months since my first operation. The first time I also had an ECG. I had to show them to my OS and also to the anesthetist, and they used them to make sure I was fit enough for the operation. The results meant absolutely nothing to me, but both doctors confirmed that they were normal and that I was in good health.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor if there is anything in the results that you don't understand.

Take care,
Lorraine.

Thanks everyone.All the bloodwork came back great.Although the staff wasnt so appreciative of all my questions.I happen to find all of this stuff very interesting and asked a lot of them.Seemed to get on thier  nerves but oh well.Surgery went great and I am recovering quickly.
Complex tear of medial meniscus
Surgery scheduled for May 1st

bboy gabe breaking point crew

support