Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee braces ?/  (Read 756 times)

Offline brce p

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee braces ?/
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
Hi Guys

New to the board !

Anyone out there know the best brace for me. I have an attenuated arterial cruciate ligament on my right knee and have had cartlage removed from the outsie of the same knee. I get by for most activites, but find ski-ing particularly uncomfortable. Anyone any ideas on what the best brace/support would be to alleviate the pain. Been told about the DonJoy legend but  don't know anyone who's even worn one.

Any help/comments gratefully received.

Offline brce p

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Knee braces ?/
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »
 :'(

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
You are in a difficult situation in terms of bracing.  An ACL brace would support your ACL, but I don't think it would help with the pain since I think that may be more due to the lack of mensicus.  However, an counterforce brace may provide pain relief but they are not recommended for those without a fully functional ACL.  I would highly suggest seeking the advice of an orthotist.  They would be able to suggest or even design the best brace for your situation.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline brce p

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 02:33:02 PM »
Thanks AT, looks like a visit to the Doc's then before I go splashing out money on a brace and ski holiday !!

support