Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee problem  (Read 658 times)

Offline daeh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee problem
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »
I have had an arthroscopy three years ago and have had trouble ever since before before the operation the pain caught me on the back of my left leg. now i am having trouble all over my knee around the knee cap as well as pain at the inside of my knee. I have recently had an mri scan which shows cartilage wear and slight wear in bone . Is it worth having another arthroscopy or could it make it worse.Will they take out the remaining menicus.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: knee problem
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:31:09 PM »
They likely would not remove the rest of the meniscus, they try to leave those things unless they are really torn. They would likely just do some tidying up to see if that helped improve your symptoms.
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

trainwreck

Re: knee problem
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:12:39 PM »
You should find a great OS that you really trust and do what they say.  Somtimes I think people jump into surgery too quicik.  I gotta believe multiple surgeries are hard on joints.  If I coule turn back the clock i never would have had my lateral releases done.  I am hopeful 9 surgeries later the damage caused by those is done.  I know they did the best they could and felt LR were the solution but it has caused me a lot of problems according to my current OS.
I am not implying surgery should never be done I was just cut on 4-5 and could not postpone it anymore.  I just would do more research before I had anything done and get 2 opinions.
Trainwreck

support