Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Recon  (Read 2095 times)

Offline largolou

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
ACL Recon
« on: July 02, 2003, 04:02:08 AM »
I just wanted to share my success story with you all.  First of all, my heartfelt thanks to the advice and support that I received after I tore my knee out.  I didn't know didly about knee injuries, surgery, rehab etc before I found this website.  I'm just over 6 month's since my sugery and I have to say that I really haven't had too many problems.  I think that the most important thing that you can do is find an OS that fits your personality and wants to do the surgery and rehab along the same lines as you do.  If you have the time, do the research and don't be afraid to ask for someone else!  My OS had me on PT for 3 weeks before the surgery and on a CPM when I woke up and for the next 4 weeks.  His aggresive approach (at least I feel it was) was just what I wanted to get my life back.  I'm not a professional or semi professional athelete but wanted the piece of mind that I could do about anything I wanted to do after the surgery.  I do notice a little stiffness and soreness after being on my feet for quite a while and the thing that bothers me the most is that, since I've been back at work my excersize schedule had really gone down the tubes.  I need to try and come up with a schedule that is simple, accessable that I will be able to get back into.  Thanks again for all of the info and support, it really helped!!!!!!!!!!                                      

largolou
Rt. knee Grade III ACL tear,medial and lateral meniscus tears.  ACL  recon, allograft partial lateral and medial menisectomy, chondroplasty.

Offline largolou

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
ACL Recon
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 04:02:08 AM »
I just wanted to share my success story with you all.  First of all, my heartfelt thanks to the advice and support that I received after I tore my knee out.  I didn't know didly about knee injuries, surgery, rehab etc before I found this website.  I'm just over 6 month's since my sugery and I have to say that I really haven't had too many problems.  I think that the most important thing that you can do is find an OS that fits your personality and wants to do the surgery and rehab along the same lines as you do.  If you have the time, do the research and don't be afraid to ask for someone else!  My OS had me on PT for 3 weeks before the surgery and on a CPM when I woke up and for the next 4 weeks.  His aggresive approach (at least I feel it was) was just what I wanted to get my life back.  I'm not a professional or semi professional athelete but wanted the piece of mind that I could do about anything I wanted to do after the surgery.  I do notice a little stiffness and soreness after being on my feet for quite a while and the thing that bothers me the most is that, since I've been back at work my excersize schedule had really gone down the tubes.  I need to try and come up with a schedule that is simple, accessable that I will be able to get back into.  Thanks again for all of the info and support, it really helped!!!!!!!!!!                                      

largolou
Rt. knee Grade III ACL tear,medial and lateral meniscus tears.  ACL  recon, allograft partial lateral and medial menisectomy, chondroplasty.