Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New here. MRI results, what can I expect??  (Read 1308 times)

Offline sisinky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New here. MRI results, what can I expect??
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:46:51 PM »
Here are the results of my MRI, can you tell me what I can expect the coarse of action to be?  (I have had arthoscopic surgery x2 on this knee)

History: Left knee pain.

Technical Factors:  Long and short axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed.

Findings:  Long and short axis, fat- and water-weighted pulse sequences.

Grade II-III patellofemoral chondromalacia is seen. No tilt or subluxation of the patella.

The quadriceps and patellar tendons are intact.

The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are intact and normal in signal.

Moderate myxoid degenerative signal is seen in the medial meniscus with no tear.  The lateral meniscus is normal.

The medial and lateral collateral ligament complexes are intact and normal in signal.

A Baker's cyst is approximately 2.5cm in greatest craniocaudal dimension is seen.

No joint effusion, loose bodies or synovitis or capsulitis.

No evidence of entrapment neuropathy.

1.  Grade II-III patellofemoral chondromalacia.

2.  No meniscal tear. Baker's cyst.

3.  Please see the body of report for additional discussion and pertinent negative findings.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: New here. MRI results, what can I expect??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »
It will totally depend on your surgeon, and how much your symptoms affect your life. Usually they don't do anything for a bakers cyst, i've had them and eventually (usually) they go away on their own. As far as Chondromalacia, well it's a softening of the articular cartilage, but it isn't a "condition" you need to figure out WHY the cartilage is getting softened and treat the cause rather than the symptom. Treating the symptoms is good, but obviously if you don't deal with the cause it won't get better. there are many cuases of Chondromalacia. 

Check out the Patello Femoral Board , and take  a look at Chondromalacia online.

Hope that helped.

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline sisinky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: New here. MRI results, what can I expect??
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22:46 PM »
thank you