Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Prayers and Hugs for Emily  (Read 7870 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Prayers and Hugs for Emily
« on: July 01, 2003, 11:24:06 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I happen to know that Emily is going through a really difficult time right now with her knee acting more "mean and mad" than it ever has--3 docs with varying opinions and her desire to lead the true life of a teenager.  She is a real trooper, often being happy because others need it--and thinking of everybody but herself.

I would like to start a round of prayers and hugs for her that can be felt all around the world and keep her spirits up as she does for all of the rest of us.

She is, after all, one of our little Georgia peaches and needs to be treated gently and with care.

Emily--I'm sending out big prayers that everyone in your situation can put the information together and come up with a reasonable treatment or intervention for you that will take away the pain and give you all of you fun activities back.

For what you do for others, you deserve no less and probably more!!!!

Hugs, my friend, Sylvia
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 12:36:50 AM by enuff81020 »
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Prayers and Hugs for Emily
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 11:24:06 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I happen to know that Emily is going through a really difficult time right now with her knee acting more "mean and mad" than it ever has--3 docs with varying opinions and her desire to lead the true life of a teenager.  She is a real trooper, often being happy because others need it--and thinking of everybody but herself.

I would like to start a round of prayers and hugs for her that can be felt all around the world and keep her spirits up as she does for all of the rest of us.

She is, after all, one of our little Georgia peaches and needs to be treated gently and with care.

Emily--I'm sending out big prayers that everyone in your situation can put the information together and come up with a reasonable treatment or intervention for you that will take away the pain and give you all of you fun activities back.

For what you do for others, you deserve no less and probably more!!!!

Hugs, my friend, Sylvia
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 12:36:50 AM by enuff81020 »
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
Re: Prayers and Hugs for Emily
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 05:07:11 AM »
Hey everyone-

I agree with Sylvia.  Emily and an extremely upbeat young girl who has the gift of making you laugh when you are feeling down. :D

Because I started with my knee problems when I was her age, I can understand how difficult it is when you have had to give up all of the activities you love.  Especially when you are not given any "good" answers from the doctors that you have seen.

You begin to believe that you are fighting this battle all alone and don't know who you can talk too that will understand your pain and frustration.

Let's make sure that we send Emily our warmest wishes, thoughts and prayers, not only to keep her spirits up, but too also help the doctors to find her some relief.

-Heather
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 07:18:20 AM »
Emily is a little ray of sunshine amongst the clouds, she makes people laugh and is truley a wonderful and remarkable young lady.

If any deserves a medal for their spirit, it's Emily.

Dearest Emily, may god keep you safe and sound whilst  sending his healing powers to make those mad knees feel better. Emily, you are a tru courageous spirit.

My thoughts prayers are with you always
Iona

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 07:18:20 AM »
Emily is a little ray of sunshine amongst the clouds, she makes people laugh and is truley a wonderful and remarkable young lady.

If any deserves a medal for their spirit, it's Emily.

Dearest Emily, may god keep you safe and sound whilst  sending his healing powers to make those mad knees feel better. Emily, you are a tru courageous spirit.

My thoughts prayers are with you always
Iona

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 09:01:18 AM »
I also want to put in my thoughts and prayers for Emily. We have had a couple of really great talks on AIM and she is a real sweetie and I know she's been going through a rough time with all of the doctors and confusion on what to do with her knee. But through that she has always been there for me and for everyone else on this board. She's also got a great sense of humor and always makes me crack up :) I just want to send my thoughts and wishes to Emily in the hopes that the doctors find something to help her get rid of this pain and just have fun being a teenager!!

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 09:01:18 AM »
I also want to put in my thoughts and prayers for Emily. We have had a couple of really great talks on AIM and she is a real sweetie and I know she's been going through a rough time with all of the doctors and confusion on what to do with her knee. But through that she has always been there for me and for everyone else on this board. She's also got a great sense of humor and always makes me crack up :) I just want to send my thoughts and wishes to Emily in the hopes that the doctors find something to help her get rid of this pain and just have fun being a teenager!!

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 11:07:37 AM »
I have to add something--I was chatting with her tonight and although she has so much on her mind, the one major concern she had was a friend who was having problems--I think she finds a way to quietly give and give, not being noticed, but really being there for others.

She has the kind of healing spirit to help others and I'm so glad that we are returning that to her.  Sylvia
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 11:02:55 PM by enuff81020 »
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 11:07:37 AM »
I have to add something--I was chatting with her tonight and although she has so much on her mind, the one major concern she had was a friend who was having problems--I think she finds a way to quietly give and give, not being noticed, but really being there for others.

She has the kind of healing spirit to help others and I'm so glad that we are returning that to her.  Sylvia
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 11:02:55 PM by enuff81020 »
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 02:31:46 PM »
Indeed, to think of someone else when you have problemss and challenges of your own, is extre,ley admirable.

My thoughts are with Emily and her family too who love and support her through good and through the bad.

Iona

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 02:31:46 PM »
Indeed, to think of someone else when you have problemss and challenges of your own, is extre,ley admirable.

My thoughts are with Emily and her family too who love and support her through good and through the bad.

Iona

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 02:55:55 PM »
I just wanted to add that Emily has always been there for me.  She is a delight to have on this board and yet she is still so very young, but very mature for her age.

I just hope that I can be there for her and if she needs anything from me in the way of an email, or just a few words of encouragement, she only has to ask, that's if I haven't already given them to her.

Emily - stay strong and know that you are loved by everyone on this board and we hurt when you hurt.  May you feel better really soon and take some of your caring for yourself.

Big hugs, love and kisses to my sweet little Emily
Love
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 02:55:55 PM »
I just wanted to add that Emily has always been there for me.  She is a delight to have on this board and yet she is still so very young, but very mature for her age.

I just hope that I can be there for her and if she needs anything from me in the way of an email, or just a few words of encouragement, she only has to ask, that's if I haven't already given them to her.

Emily - stay strong and know that you are loved by everyone on this board and we hurt when you hurt.  May you feel better really soon and take some of your caring for yourself.

Big hugs, love and kisses to my sweet little Emily
Love
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Helen_uk

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2003, 06:29:40 PM »
Stay strong little emily things will get better we are all here for you you make us all gigle
Love H xxx ;D

Helen_uk

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2003, 06:29:40 PM »
Stay strong little emily things will get better we are all here for you you make us all gigle
Love H xxx ;D

support