Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain in knee????  (Read 644 times)

Offline JEWLS122

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain in knee????
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:06:46 PM »
I recently had surgery on my left knee in january 06. I broke my patella in 5 places so needless to say i have pins and wire in it. Last month when i was at P/T i noticed that the left side of my knee hurt and I felt it and there was a bump so when i went back to the doctor i told them about this and asked if maybe i had more hardware on that side it was determined that the left side is where he twisted off the wire and the bump was bursitis over the wire i told them that this was uncomfortable at times and they told me that if it continued that they could orthoscopotly take it out lately it has been killing me when i try to walk it hurts bend my leg get in my car it is only a quick pain but it is annoying has anyone experienced this? and ehat can you do for it? it is bad enough that i am just getting past the whole limping thing and now this. is it painful if they have to cut it?

thanks
julie
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:11:48 PM by JEWLS122 »

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Pain in knee????
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
It's only my personal opinion but I think you should have teh scope and get it cut. If it's causing you that much discomfort it's not going to help your recovery any!  A Scope just to clip the wires and tidy it up shouldn't cause you too much distress... 

that's just my thoughts
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pain in knee????
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
i think linds is right, you should have it done at the end of the day you had the surgery in the first place to improve your knee and the pain that you were in, so you might as well have the teh scope and hopefully you will be more comfortable after thay have done it.

maria.xx
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.