Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fluid  (Read 761 times)

Offline crashandburn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
fluid
« on: April 12, 2007, 05:39:45 AM »
i was snowboarding about three weeks ago and fell on some ice, hitting the inside/front of my knee. it was painful at first, like any fall on ice, but after a little while i could feel it swelling up, and it stayed that way for about a week, slowly turning to a nice fluidy knee (even with ice and some massage to break it up). now even though the bruise is lightened up and mostly gone, there is a pocket of fluid still there, and its still pretty tender to kneel and hurts to fall on, all over my knee, not just where it was hit... i was just wondering if the fluid would need to be drained and if thats the reason its tender and if there was anything id need to worry about. thanks.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: fluid
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 06:06:37 AM »
How is your knee feeling ? Can you extend and flex to fully ?
Still having any pain ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: fluid
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »
i think the best thing you can do is go to your gp and just get it all checked out, i mean it might just be because of the fluid but you need to checked it out to make sure you haven't damaged anything else, he might even prescribe you pain meds if he feels its needed.

good luck keep us posted

maria.xx
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.