Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: weird popping  (Read 884 times)

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
weird popping
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »
So on feb 9th I had a piece of my torn meniscus removed.. Everything was going ok, but then I took a nasty spill on some ice. Went to my OS and he said that he didn't think that i did anything major to it, so i went on my way on crutches. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that when I tried to striaghten my knee completely that there was a popping that you could feel on the back of my knee with every straightening. Has anyone had this before? Does anyone know what this could be? Just trying to prepare myself for when I go into the office tomorrow.. Also I can not squat anymore, was able to do that before the surgery, and I have to be very careful going downstairs and stepping out of the shower, because if I step wrong, it locks on me.. Any ideas?

Thanks all
Kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal
Feb 9, 2007- scope with lateral meniscus tear and popliteal cyst

Offline hil13

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: weird popping
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:48:23 PM »
Hi Kelly
Go back to your dr until its sorted.
I have also have the popping in my knee, it is locked at 15 degrees. So its very diffcult on stairs and uneven ground. My MRI in oct 06 showed extentive tears to the menius. My dr says a BUCKET HANDLE TEAR in the cartilage with a piece caught at the back of the knee nence the locking. My accident was APRIL 06 mri OCT 06 now the consultant is waiting on the results of the mri although I have told him, he needs the scan, that was FEB 07 I seen him. So i'm not on the waiting list for surgery yet although the consultant, dr, ot, and physo all say I need surgery. They were all amazed at how loud the popping was.
So keep at it until your sorted, hopefully you'll be quicker than me. Good Luck.

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »
I take it that you have that NHS insurance?? Luckily i am in the united states and have private insurance so I usually don't have to wait to get my MRI's and surgeries... I am truely thankful for that because I see what you guys go through and I don't have the patients for that. LOL.. I am going to my doctor tomorrow so hopefully they will order an MRI and we can do from their... I just wish that this is all over and I don't have to deal with all this probably just like most of you!!!

Thanks
Kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal

Offline iheartparker

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:32:32 AM »
I aslo have the popping noise thing. cept i never had surgery. I just dislocated it 2 years ago.....

~Ashley`
6-21-07 : ACLR/Partial Meniscectomy of the Medial Meniscus (Righty)
2-25-09 : Had a good fall skiing, knee popped! :( (Lefty)
4-14-09 : OS appt
4-20-09 MRI confirmed torn ACL
5-19-09 ACL reconstruction
12-26-10 sucessfully returned to skiing!!!

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »
Ashley-

Imm that is interesting.. I am going to the doctor today, so I will let you know what they think it is..

Thanks
Kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal

Offline iheartparker

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 02:14:11 PM »
Good luck at the docs!

~Ashley~
6-21-07 : ACLR/Partial Meniscectomy of the Medial Meniscus (Righty)
2-25-09 : Had a good fall skiing, knee popped! :( (Lefty)
4-14-09 : OS appt
4-20-09 MRI confirmed torn ACL
5-19-09 ACL reconstruction
12-26-10 sucessfully returned to skiing!!!

Offline volley9182

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:48:54 PM »
Well I went to the doctor today and only was the PA because my doctor got snowed in floriday which i don't have a problem with because she explains things better than he does.. She said that since my last fall that I aggrevated everything inside my knee and that it is going to take time for it to settle down. She also said that there was arthritis under my knee cap when they went in which is great since i am only 22. That is great for my future. She said that she wanted to give it 3 months to settle down and then I have to go back and if things don't settle down, then my next option is cortizone but they don't like to do that with someone my age, plus last time it totally aggrevated it. So looks like I am playing the waiting game and hoping that my body heals my knee in the next 3 months..

Thanks everyone
Kelly
2000- LR on Left knee
2001- TTT
2002- Hardware removal

Offline hil13

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 09:50:42 AM »
Hi Kelly
Yes its NHS. Offered to go private dr says "you dont want to spend your money like that." He would see what he could do. Still waiting. Im not a dr but I think the longer I wait the more damage I will do.
Its the waiting thats the worst.Well so my friends say LOL.You nearly have a month done wasnt that quick.LOL. Im still waiting, bored stupid. I just want to be able to drive. Be patient.

Good Luck.