Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: GIVE ME STRENGTH PLS  (Read 908 times)

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
GIVE ME STRENGTH PLS
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »
Sorry guyz but i'm going to have a rant because i am getting seriously pissed off!!!!!
ok i was meant to be at the pain clinic hospital today at 11, well that won't be happening now as i get
a phonecall yesterday to say that they have cancelled my app and i now have to wait another 2 weeks.

i feel like i want to give up with everything, like i was saying to my mum i have been at this hospital for i think 3 years (referred from another hospital) and they have done nothing, they have suggested nothing, and i haven't got anywhere with them.
i've got an app with my GP next week and i think i'm going to have to have a talk with him about this as i
am wasting my time with this hospital, they tell me to exercise which i am doing them i'm in more pain than before, i have no prescribe painkillers to take so i am just suffering with it all and i don't think that doctors are even that bothered by it, it irritates me because they don't have a clue what we go through on a daily basis and to them its "next patient plz" even when you get in there.
i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering going abroad to see if i can getting better treatment.

so everyone sorry about this maon that i have i just really had to get it all of my chest.
so thanks for listening.

maria.xx :(
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: GIVE ME STRENGTH PLS
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »
I am sorry this is happening to you Maria, and I have definately felt like that before, as I to have struggled with chronic PF problems since I was 9 years old.  You should talk to your GP,that is what they are there for... maybe he will have some ideas, suggestions for you... you just never know.

i wish I could offer more ideas, but i'm not really sure what you can do, I live in Canada and health care is a bit different here.

Goodluck

Lindsay :)
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »
Maria, really a bomb to drop when you have waited for so long. Did they tell you why the appointment was cancelled ?
You hang in there. Maybe your GP can help you with some painmeds, if there is some meds working for you.
A second referal to some other place might be something to discuss with your GP.
Thinking of you !!
HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
thanks for your support guys.
i am really just getting to stage where i'm fed up and don't know what to do. i know that there are people out there worse of than me but i just can't help feeling so down and pissed of with the way the hospital handles things. i'm in the uk and the nhs is absolutly crap and i personally don't think they bother with you because you're not a private patient.
i want to get rid of the pain that i'm in every single day i want to start feeling the way a 22 year old should feel (pain free) i've spent 12 years of my life in pain and its just getting worse, so i am really hoping my gp can offer me some help, if he can't then i don't know what other options i'll have!!

thanks again guys i really appreciate your support

maria.xx
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002

trainwreck

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »
Hang in there.  Somtimes we gotta knock on alot of doors.  You are obviously very frustrated and rightly so.  Please keep looking for the right person to help you.  Sombody can help you, you just have to find them.  What they did to you was awful and you have every right to be mad.  Take that anger and direct it towards finding the answers.  Nothing comes easy.  It's not fair but it's the way it is.

Trainwreck

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:49:28 PM »
thanks for your responses i really appreciate them.
i have kind of calmed down abit about the fact they cancelled on me but i have got so much that i need to talk to my gp about when i see him on tuesday i am hoping that he will be helpfull to me, normally he is really good and understanding so fingers crossed.

once again thanks guys.

maria.xx
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002