Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: post op complete meniscectomy  (Read 843 times)

Offline melcoop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
post op complete meniscectomy
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:22:53 AM »
It's been almost three weeks since my complete meniscectomy and I have been having a lot of calf pain and bruising. They sent me for an ultrasound and I don't have clot or anything. My ankle swelled so bad yesterday that today both sides are bruised and look like I sprained it. My calf is so tight and swollen and the doctor is telling me I'm not walking as I should. I explained about the pain and was made to understand that regardless of pain I'm doing it wrong! Every day anew area of my calf bruises and is swollen and painful. Any advice?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: post op complete meniscectomy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
Why not stay off that leg for a while and try to RICE as much as possible..ice and elevate above heart.
Was that the OS that performed surgery you were back to ?
Are you on any antiinflammatory meds ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline melcoop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: post op complete meniscectomy
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:06 PM »
I started back to work about a week and a half after surgery so after I go home I try to elevate and ice as much as possible. I'm not taking anything but tylenol and advil together. The doctor I saw was my OS that did the surgery. They also can'tfit me in to therapy for another week. I feel like the knee is on hold for recovery because my calf is so bad.

support