Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need Help ......Please....with my knee  (Read 639 times)

Offline whirly55

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need Help ......Please....with my knee
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Hi all, I am new to the board, I had knee surgery 2 years ago for a medial meniscus repair, which turned out to be a bad tear that could not be repaired by removed, also I was told at this time, that I had 3rd stage degenerative arthritis and I was definately in need of a knee replacement in the very near future, but since I was only 53 he wanted to wait for a while, in the meantime he advised no kneeling or squatting, which I religiously abided by.  I did pretty good, i actually was doing real good, I mean there were days as my knee was stiff or sore, but I could walk for long periods climb steps etc.,...Well two days ago, the inner side of my knee started to be stiff and very terrible pain, I tried to walk it off but it has only gotten worse, it is swollen and very sore if I even move my leg to the left or right it hurts, ice makes it hurt worse, nothing at all is helping, I have an appointm;ent with the Orth Dr. tomorrow....are there other things they can do, I don't want to go right into knee replacement at this time, and suggestions or if anyone has had similar problems what my alternatives are.
Thank you so much

Offline misshilde

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need Help ......Please....with my knee
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:42:36 AM »
Welcome to the board, sorry to hear that you're in pain, but this is the place to ask questions...I had a bad bucket tear laterally and all of my meniscus was removed in 1999...I lasted till 2005, when I had to have more cleanup , an Lr and bonespur removal...my knee is stage 4 on the lateral, stage 2-3 on the patella,,,medial still ok...I need a replacement, but at 44 I'd rather wait....so that brings me back to you...sounds like you are a higher stage oa than before and/ or you tore something..as in mcl or something like that and or you have a bonespur or floating bone in the joint......only the OS can tell you exactly what is going on...I just had synvisc today and hopefully that'll hold of the bionic knee for a few more years....good luck..and take some ibuprofin....at leat 600mg

Hilde
born with bad knee
83 patella ligament pierced by iceicle
84 50%  hamstring rip
86 lateral meniscus tear
more dance 
99 menisectomy(finally)
more dance
patellar & quad tendontis
05 LR, bonespur removal, general clean out, stage 4 OA
oct 06 illiophoas release( hip ok) but knee still bad...

support