Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 4weeks pt and still in pain.  (Read 670 times)

Offline Brown Dog

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
4weeks pt and still in pain.
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:37:34 PM »
Ok I am probaly just a little down today. but heres my story.  I hurt my knee in feb picking up my hefty cat opie.  heard a pop and had horrible pain, thought it would go away.  went to my gp that week he thought I tore my acl.  told me to wait a week and see.  So i called a week later the pain was getting worse so he referred me for a mri. had that the following week.  saw a os friday of that week.  My mri results were negative and I was told that I have patella instabillity. I am completing my 4 week of therapy and my quads are stronger but I am still having sig. pain like all the time.  It feels like something is caught and it will pop.  I am going the OS I really wanted to see on monday.  I really think thier is something else going on...shouldn't I have had some relief from therapy????  How can I get the new os to understand what I am feeling?  I own my own biz so I have to work every day, but I can't do a ton of stuff and the pain is keeping me up at  night.  sorry for the long post I think I'm, just tired...........

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 4weeks pt and still in pain.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »
4 weeks of therapy is nothing. Sorry to say that. But a couple of months is often what it takes to get better. Have your phys tried taping your knee ?
If you have patella instability that can make your knee track in right position.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Brown Dog

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:13 PM »
thanks for the reply, They have not taped my knee I am wearing a donjoy j brace.  It has helped me be able to walk.  I have my last pt on thursday.  I have a feeling I will be going back.  LOL probably shoud go ahead and schedule next week.  It is easy to get frustrated when you are not getting better. I see my OS on monday.  My PT was concerened because I seem to be going backward.  It feels like something is caught, then it will pop maybe that is normal.  This is going to be a sloooooooow process. 

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
Even if your OS might consider something else like some surgery there is always the PT anyway. ::) :P
Yeah I know that seems like a neverending story. I don't know how many years of PT I have had. ::)
What did your OS think last time ? Ask your PT for a note for your up coming OS appointment about what he/ she thinks and bring that with you to your appointment.
Good luck on monday !!
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline Brown Dog

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
well the best knee guy in town is who i am seeing on monday.  I was in so much pain the first of march that I went to a different os at iowa orthopedic.  He looked at my knee did a few things moving it and said patella instability.  The thing that kinda has me pissed off is he looked at my other knee too to see if he could get it to sublux and well he did.  now my left knee is popping constantly and feels kinda weird.  no pain yet with it.  I will be an unhappy camper if it starts acting up.  I own a dog bakery which requires me to stand alot, I also sell dog food that is delivered on pallets.....needless to say I can't pick that up.  had driver bring it in last time.  will have another shipment this monday.  sigh.  It used to be so easy!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »
Well, I hope he can be more helpful. Seems like you are on the long road like so many else here on this board with patella instability. My guess would be that they want to do ordinary x-rays to see how your knee tracks.If you go down under The patello femoral joint I am sure you can read more about your problems and maybe get better feed back.
Lovely work you have. ;D