Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possible Patella Injury  (Read 728 times)

Offline mgillogly

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible Patella Injury
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:56:53 AM »
Hello,
  I have been having some knee pain that has lasted going on 4-6 years.  It originally started when i fell and landed on my knee cap.  Since the original trauma, the only pain I ever notice in my knee is when I either push on my knee cap in just the right spot, or i bump into something with my knee.  When I push on my knee cap on the side closer to the middle of my body, the pain i feel seems to come from the outer edge of the knee cap.  It almost feels like I am trying to rip a scab off.  There is no other pain or problems with my knee other that this.  I have not been able to locate any information on the web regarding these symptoms and was wondering if anyone here could help to shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 214
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Possible Patella Injury
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »
Hi

Having read your posting, it would be prudent in your own interest to go and see your Doctor.  He/she is the only person who can diagnose if there any serious damage or not, and you may have to see an Orthopaedic Consultant,

DONT delay seeking a profesionl opinion.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline ALRunner

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Possible Patella Injury
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:02:54 PM »
Agree on the doctor. It's very difficult to diagnose anything here, even if we were doctors. Many doctors even witht he knee in front of them will have a hard time. You really need to see one to get closure.