Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TTT Recommended  (Read 983 times)

Offline clkimbro

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTT Recommended
« on: March 16, 2007, 04:34:07 AM »
I hurt my knee 9 months ago.  I was kneeling down and felt a pop (not bone) above my left knee on the outer side.   Currently I have pain below my kneecap, redness at the end of the day, feel that my knee is going to give out while walking, and limping.  Since my injury, my quad has just wasted away despite going to therapy.  In November my knee was scoped and plica tissue was removed.  I seemed to improve for a month and then all my symptoms returned.

I am now seeing a new doctor and he says that I have an alignment issue and should have a TTT since all my therapy efforts have failed.

This is my fourth doctor and all of them have had different oppinions.  One had no clue, another said tendonitis, then the plica, and now alignment.  I really don't understand why the doctors do not agree.  Would this procedure possibly benefit me?  This is an invasive surgery and I am very nervous about it.  I don't know if I should see doctor number five for a second oppinion.

I appreciate any advice.

Offline ktdaqt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: TTT Recommended
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:41:55 AM »
I had to see several OS before I found out what was wrong with my knees. I was misdiagnosed about 3 times before finding an OS who could help me. (side note: i had a doctor told me that problems with the plica is actually a common misdiagnose) I'd say when in doubt, get another opinion. If you can, try to see an OS who has specializesd in knees/joints for a good amount of time. I understand the frusturation of having doctors tell you things that are contradicting the other.  I would say if you are unsure about their diagnosis, get another opinion. There's no harm in seeing another person. Its another pair of eyes who could possibly see things others didn't.  Best of luck to you.

~ktdaqt

Offline Stacye

• Regular Poster
  • a
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:53:15 PM »
Hi
Im having the same sort of problems.  I will be seeing my 5th dr on Thurs. Wish me luck

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
The best thing you can do is go for another opinion, especially if you are not 100% sure
about what the other doctors have said. its really frustrating when they all tell you different things
i get that alot each time i see a new surgeon my diagnosis changes and it does irritate you.So just to put your mind at rest see another surgeon and make sure you are 100% satisfied with what they say and suggest to you.

all the best

maria.xx
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 03:48:15 AM »
Stacye...Just curious...what did this doc say? I have similar problems as well, and am 2 mos. post op LR. Keep me posted.

Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline Stacye

• Regular Poster
  • a
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
Hi There saw Dr Mandelbaum this week he is ordering a special mri where your leg is in motion before he dcieds what I need. But he is leaning towards the MPLF surgery. He also said no surgeon wants to operate on me right now because my quads are so atrophy but I am doing the excerises and if anything I am getting worse. It seems they dont believe me He said I should be riding the bike 1 hour a day.  so I was only doing about 45 so I will try harder I guess.

Offline clkimbro

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 06:27:24 AM »
I did not go through with the TTT.  I saw another doctor that referred me to another that recommended a LR.  I just went through with it last week and I go in for my postop appointment tomorrow. 

support