Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Had knee pain for a week  (Read 1219 times)

Offline knee pain

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • I love my 2 dogs and I miss my Dad! Rip Dad!
Had knee pain for a week
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:29:03 AM »
It started last thirsday when I was outside and my foot was on the ground and my dogs ran into me and I fell. When I hit the ground I felt my knee twist and its been hurting since. I can't bend my knee all the way cause it makes it hurt and on the side of my knee over the bony part it hurts there if I bend.

I went to the er last Thursday and they xrayed it but it didn't show anything. But my knee still hurts so something is wrong with it. They told me to make an appt with an ortopedic surgeon and to wear a knee brace until i was released by them.

I don't have that appt til tuesday.

But I hate having to deal with knee pain til then.

anybody else have their knee twist?
knee pain started March 8,07 when i fell and my knee twisted.

still haven't gone to an Orthopedic surgeon! But I hurt my knee again on 12/4/08.

Im 25 and have injured my knee twice now!

RIP Dad! I miss you-I lost my Dad in May(2008)

knee deep in Goo

Re: Had knee pain for a week
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:49:19 AM »
try  ice on your knee for the pain

Offline knee pain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:59:41 AM »
I did ice on the first day and it made it hurt more. I have taken pain med for it but it only helps it some what.

still haven't gone to an Orthopedic surgeon! But I hurt my knee again on 12/4/08.

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:59:50 AM »
Shame.. Ice seems to work the best when you in that kind of pain.   What about a towel over the ice and skin area.

If you go to your GP he can maybe give you a pain killer.   Or try paging the OS office and say you are in too deep of pain can you come in as an emergency ?? Maybe they can get you properly sorted out.. and they might have you go for an mri.   send you to pt -- maybe a cortizone injection for the inflamation.

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »
Knee Pain yes my dog clipped me while we were outside playig he was 185 lb house dog but he clipped me I fell and twisted my knee ended up tearing the cartlidge off the bone
call the os office and tell them you cant stand the pain and need an emergency apt they do keep those
let us know how you are
hugs
Caren
Caren

Offline knee pain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:29:58 PM »
My dogs weigh aout 69 and 92. After I fell they came over to me and licked my face. That helped a little then but it hurt more once i got up and sat back down.
The os office only takes appts on Tuesday and thursday. They were booked tuesday and thursday this week. I am gonna rest my knee this weekend more then walking on it and hopegfully pain won't hurt that much. It tends to hurt more at night after a full day of walking. But it still hurts to bend it.

Offline step

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 04:16:52 PM »
Lovely dogs :)

Ice did not help me either after I fell and broke the kneecap, I tried ice again and again, and it consistently made the pain worse. What helped against the pain was to keep a pillow around the knee so that it stayed warm, but not too warm, and in a comfortable position (elevated).

If the skin is intact, what also helps against pain and inflammation are self-adhesive patches with Diclofenac. They helped me - but it's very individual. In any case, one should ask a doctor about using them, as they might have counter-indications. The patches should not be used more than two weeks in a row, but are generally available over the counter.

I would say it's a good sign if you can walk and bend the knee :) but better be careful when doing this, if it hurts.

I hope the Tuesday check-up will be useful and that there is no bad damage to your knee,

Lennie