Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Candle of hope and love  (Read 1735 times)

SL99

Candle of hope and love
« on: June 27, 2003, 03:13:56 AM »
I'm not the worlds most reliegious person by any means, but I just wanted to post a little message to let you know I lit a special candle at Durham cathedral this afternoon to offer prayers, support and healing to those who need it.

As I lit it I said a little prayer for several people here who I know need to feel some healing love and strength, such as our friends Iona, Lesley, Helen and Lizzie etc. But that candle will burn brightly and strongly for anyone who needs it and for as long as it is in your heart.

May you gain the strength, hope and happiness you require and always know that someone is thinking of and praying for you.  :-*

Love and hugs....Jo
xxx
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 03:15:57 AM by SL99 »

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
Re: Candle of hope and love
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 04:40:38 AM »
Jo

Your message fills me with strength, hope and happiness as well as encouragement and love to know that you are thinking of me.  It really makes me feel special - thank you  - I hope that you took time out to say a prayer for yourself and that you will give yourself the same healing love and strength - you deserve it.

Jo - know that I am thinking of you and just to let you know that I will meditate and send you positive and healthy vibes.  I'll also do this for all my buddies on the Kneeguru forum.

Love always
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 07:38:01 AM »
Hi Jo--this was a really thoughtful act on your  part.  We have so many in pain right now  and they need the special blessings that candle will bring.

Every day when I am giving thanks for the good, valuable and important things and people in my life, I include this board and the special special people  like you that are here.  I am so moved by the really generous loving spirits of the people here--especially when I learn their stories and know how much they are suffering.

The overwhelming kindness and love here gets me through, dries my tears and gives me ideas on how to go on.  I've been fighting this dark hole for so long and I'm  so lucky that this is one of the ladders to get out. I  seem to hit the skids and come here and there is a perfect im (thanks today Ross and Ergo) or there is a post like this--or emily im's me or rachel invites  me to a chat with a lot of other kneegeeks--and I'm not alone in this anymore.

Bless you and your wondrous supply of hugs and jokes and smiles.  You are so special...Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Donna

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 08:41:15 AM »
JO,
I agree with Sylvia. What a wonderful kind thing you have done. There are many on this board who need an extra prayer right now.

Donna
4/88 menis, chondroplasty,
10/01 menis, chondroplasty
2/02 microfrac,chondro,menis,
4/02 Fulkerson TTT, LR, microfrac,
2/03 open LR,fat pad removal, lysis,menis Still need more surgery.

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 12:22:30 PM »
Jo, none of the saints thought that they were particularly religious either, you're in really good company!  What an incredibly beautiful act, believe you can make a difference and YOU WILL!

May God bless and protect you always and may that candle burn for a really long time especially for you and for all you love!
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 01:23:30 PM »
Thanks for the lovely thoughts and wishes.
Bless you too
Iona