Banner - Hide this banner





Author Topic: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs  (Read 1910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Susky

  • Forum Faithful
  • ****
  • Posts: 166
  • Liked: 0
Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I came across this site only yesterday and my head is spinning already !  I think I will start with a little about myself - I live in southern Spain, a 46 year old female with osteoarthritis in both knees (4 on the cartillage scale??)   I am mobile and do not take pain killers, though I am limited with what I can and cannot do. 

I recently saw a specialist regarding the OBI Trufit CB Plugs and I am trying to gather more info about successful or not so successful treatments and recoveries.  The procedure certainly sounds a lot more "friendly" than a total knee replacement (which apparently I am still too young for - oh joy - too young at 46!   ;D )  The surgeon said that if the procedure is successful I should be able to avoid future surgery.  The downside is that it is extremely expensive and I have been told that I should have a 90% chance at success - at the price, falling into the 10% worries me a lot. 

I am going to send an e-mail to the surgeon and ask him a whole lot of questions - but I thought I would write here as well and see if anyone is able to give me some feedback from their own experiences. 

I look forward to getting to know you all and will be happy to share any info that I gather from other sources.

Best regards,

Susky   :)

Offline shortyclairebear

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 2508
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
hi susky!! welcome to the site!! i hope you get some answers to your queries!! sorry i can't help personally but wanted to say "hi"
take care!!
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline Susky

  • Forum Faithful
  • ****
  • Posts: 166
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »
Hello Claire,

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Sorry to read that you fell down the stairs recently - if any damage, I wish you a rapid recovery.

Best regards,

Susky   :)

Offline shortyclairebear

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 2508
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »
thanks susky!! i'll find out more tommorrow!!(seeing my surgeon!)
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline Doc79316

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 1766
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
Hi Susky,

It sounds as though what's been suggested to you is a very successful procedure. It's unfoprtunate thought hat even with the most successful procedures, there is always a small chance of  failure. Obviously there is nothing that's 100% effective but there may be certain things you can do to change/lower the chance of the procedure not working.

In your e-mail to your surgeon, no oubt you'll be asking lots of questions as you've said. But maybe you could include questions asking what can you do yourself to reduce the risk of failure - for example, before surgery you may wish to consider losing any excess weight, attending intensive physio sessions, tai chi, exercises to increase ROM and so on. Generally the stronger and fitter you are, the better you will be coming out of any procedure the other side, so to speak.

I can't advise you on your specific condition or treatment because my knee problems are obviously very different to yours. Hope this helped you some.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline emilylauren

  • MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • **
  • Posts: 32
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hello from Spain ! Trufit CB Plugs
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »
Hi Susky!

Have you had your surgery yet and how did it go? I'm scheduled to have the same in December but very afraid. I was a competitive runner till my injury and want to get back to it. But I can't find many who have had this procedure done and/or who are back to being competitive.  Hope you will respond.  Thanks!