Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bone bruise?  (Read 819 times)

Offline tealover

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
bone bruise?
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:04 PM »
Hello.
So just got the news that I have a moderate to bad bone bruise. The OS said not to do anything for 6-8 weeks then if its not hurting trying some light jogs. Just one problem. I have a major soccer tournement in 4 weeks. Do you think I can play on it till then? The OS said no...what do you guys think? Are there any long term stuff I might have to deal with if I do?
Thanks a Bundle!
Maddy

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: bone bruise?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 06:42:33 AM »
Maddy, if your doc says no it is no. It's only foolish to try come up with anything else if you have this injury. There can be complications in the long run if you play.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »
Hi there

I agree with Nettan. If your Doc says you shouldn't put any pressure on the leg then I seriously reccomend you don't. You could only end up making things worse, and cause yourself much longer on the sidelines. Injurys take time to heal unfortunately they don't over night.

Take care of yourself

Sarah

Offline peggy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
Hi Maddy,

I agree with the other posts. Bone bruises are nothing to mess with you could do some permanent and serious damage to your leg. Please sit this one out. 6 weeks isn't such a long time and there will be other games.

Peggy