Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I think I might be cured...  (Read 865 times)

Offline Deadinmi

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • My Myspace
I think I might be cured...
« on: February 28, 2007, 06:50:25 PM »
Well, 4 surgeries, on two knees, in less than 4 years. I guess thats where I am finally done. I had a quickie arthroscopic surgery, I mean quickie, it lasted 10 minutes, last Friday (2/23) to lengthen the Medial Patelarfemoral Ligament I'd had put in in August of 06. Took them long enough to figure out that the graph was just too tight. Well, I'm less than a week post op, have almost full range of motion back (I would, but it pulls on the stitches too much), can sit indian style, walk up and down stairs, all without pain! Holy cow, where was this surgery a year ago? But My swelling is hardly noticable and I have NO PAIN with bent leg weight bearing. I'm so happy, *does little happy dance, then stops and thinks, I can do a happy dance, YAY* There is no bruising anywhere on my knee except the little 'drain hole?' But I'm finally getting relief. And it's an amazing feeling, to see the end in sight. Hang in there everyone.
-Fran

I've come to the conclusion that listing my laundry list of things that happened to my knee isn't what people here need. What we all need is a nice lounge chair on a beach, some Jimmy Buffet, and some fruity drinks... So we can all work on our brace tans. 8)

Offline LighthouseFan

• Forum Faithful
Re: I think I might be cured...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
I am soooooooooo happy for you!! :) (and jealous).  Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks Post-Op from MPFL reconstruction and LR (I have a diary in the Post-Op section if you want to read about it) and can bearly imagine being able to do all of the things that you can do now.  It's very encouraging to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Congratulations and thank you for posting the encouragement!!!  :)  Take care.

Heather
Numerous subluxes/dislocations of R knee - 1991 to 1997
R knee arthroscopy (removal of plica band and some cartilage) - 1997
L foot surgery (removal of accessory navicular) - 1999
Numerous subluxes/dislocations of L knee - 1991 to present
L knee LR and MPFL reconstruction - 1/18/2007

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: I think I might be cured...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »
Hi there

Thats brilliant news i'm really pleased for you. It's great to hear success stories, it gives all all hope that theres light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck with everythink

Sarah