Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: How was your Baker's Cyst treated ???  (Read 71834 times)

Offline Judey

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: How was your Baker's Cyst treated ???
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
Hi,
Im due to have a patella re-allignment using my hamstring tendon. I also have a couple of meninscal tears and bits of debris floating around in th eknee to clear out.
I had a small amount of pain in the back of the knee, nothing regular or particularly bad.  Theres also sometime a feeling as though my leg is turning around without me telling it to, which I suppose is a muscle spasm. I dont know if this is to do with the cyst.
My o/s said that this was a Baker Cyst, and the surgery to remove these is a little bit different. He said you have to be anaethatised laying on your front, which involves tubes down the throat etc, and is a little more complicated. Im leaving mine alone, hoping that the operation I have will stop the leak!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called "The Present"

Offline bellakinns

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:54:47 AM »
Mine was surgicaly removed,cut entire width behind my knee, it didnt hurt as bad as the repair of the shredded menicus site did.
WHAT LIES BEHIND US & WHAT LIES BEFORE US ARE SMALL MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US.
CELEBRATE LIFE!
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Tomtom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
wow, im amazed to read some peoples' cysts have lasted 3 years! thats crazy.

i had one appear the morning after a strenuous work out. I didnt have any sort of surgery. It just gradually got smaller over time. I think it was about 4 weeks until it went completely.