Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: do you think i should get medical opinion?  (Read 735 times)

Offline belle9

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
do you think i should get medical opinion?
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
hi,
i've not been around on here lately but for those of you who remeber me i have large degrees of torsion of my femur and tibia of both legs.  I have had various scans, x-rays and test and have been told that surgery will be the most likely fix but until i am at a point that i really can't manage then i should carry on as i am.  I have come to accept this and have been doing ok but have developed a problem.  Yesterday i rolled over in bed and my hip cracked really loudly and felt like it jumped out of the socket.  The pain was sickening.  Now when i stand up my leg looks more crooked than ever and when my knee is facing forward my foot is at a complete right angle facing out.  I wouldn't describe it as excruciatingly painful but my leg doesn't feel right.  It feels strange sensation wise and when i walk i'm struggling to get it to do what my brain is telling it, like lift off the floor to step!  All the muscles in that leg feel really weak and deep in my hip joint it feels - well i would describe it as wet.  what does anyone think has happened?
thanks
*Mal-alignment issues due to torsion or both femur and tibias
*Derotation osteotomy of right distal femur and distal tibia 12/04/11

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: do you think i should get medical opinion?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »
Hi there

Sorry to hear your having these problems. I'm not sure what to say the problem is but in my opinion I'd go and get it checked out ASAP.
Never leave things like this alone especially if your in so much pain. Get a professional to look at it and they can give you a definate answer

Hope all gets sorted

Sarah

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:02:32 PM »
hi belle i wouldn't like to say what you have done to yourself either but definatley would recommend to get this checked out........
the sooner it gets looked at the sooner whatever it is can get sorted..................it does not sound good and leaving it can only make it worse...........at least if it turns out to be something little its been checked so you are reassured......................good luck and let us know the outcome!
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »
Yes - go to see an OS and get your hips xrayed. 

support