Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OCD treated with ORIF and bone graft  (Read 1542 times)

Offline discountshopper

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
OCD treated with ORIF and bone graft
« on: February 24, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »
Newbie here,

Looking for outcome experiences of anyone who has had an OCD treated with ORIF and bone graft. 

I am a 42 yr female, 3.5 weeks post surgery, having had a posttraumatic 15 x 18 mm OCD lesion (grade III - hinged) on the lateral femoral condyle treated with Open Reduction Internal Fixation and a bone graft from my iliac crest.  The surgeon gave me about a 60% chance that this surgery will be successful, but is in the process of locating a bone in case we need to move on to an OATS allograft proceedure.

I am progressing fine at this point, ROM is almost completely normal at +137 and -8 (it was normal prior to surgery as well except when it was swollen).  My knee problems prior to surgery were completely weight bearing related, with pain and swelling and feeling of knee collapse being the result of weight bearing.  I was on crutches for 4 months prior to surgery, with little to no pain as long as I remained non-weight bearing.   

Doctor says we should know if surgery was successful by 3 mo post surgery. 

Anyone have any experience in this realm?  Also, anyone with experience with iliac graft site recovery? 

Thanks,
Linda

support