Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 11 years old... mom has questions  (Read 1158 times)

Offline mzduncan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
11 years old... mom has questions
« on: February 26, 2007, 01:52:36 AM »
My daughter is having knee surgery on Thursday. The doctor said that he would go in and release the tendon on the outer side and resurface the knee cap in needed. I dont know what this is called other then patellar relignment, but if someone knows what I am talking about I would like to know the experience they had. 
Any info would be great. I am just wondering what to expect.

fawn2388

Re: 11 years old... mom has questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:17:40 AM »
Read my reply to your other post - if you need any more advice feel free to let us know

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »
Sounds like a lateral release and she will be a sore  kid for a while but mend quickly I had
one done a few yrs ago and got along great
please let us know how she comes out and prayers are going out for her and you too
hugs
Caren
Caren

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:13:34 AM »
Agree.. with Caren, I have had a LR on both knees. And while it's not excruciating it's pretty sore for awhile.  I was on crutches for two weeks... and started physio at one week post op.  Was walking farely normally by 3 weeks post op and riding my horse again at 6 weeks post op. But it usually does take awhile to get used to it as the knee changes it's biomechanics some what when the Lateral Retinaculum is cut.

Goodluck to you and your daughter. Keep lot's of ice packs on hand or even better a cold therapy unit like a breg polar care or cryo cuff as they make it just a little more bareable. :)

Take care
Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support