Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: discoloured and funny warm sensations?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
discoloured and funny warm sensations?
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
Hi, Does anyone know if this suggests some time of nerve damage, nerve involvment. I was in a riding accident 9 months ago, still struggling to recover. My knee has settled down alot from swelling etc. But it's always a funny colour. Not really red, not really purple just kind of... raspberry coloured but it's pretty subtle.  But my foot and everything is a different colour on this injured leg than on the other. Also sometimes I get a sensation like someone has just poured warm water onto the top of my foot...  for no apparent reason.
Just wondered if anyone knows what this might suggest? Should I ask a doc about it? Or should I just get comfortable with teh fact that my leg is always going to be a different colour?

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
Re: discoloured and funny warm sensations?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »
Hi Linds,

Heck, I'd ask a doc about it.  Discolouration would be more indicative of circulatory involvement than nerve involvement.  Of course, circulatory problem can eventually cause nerve problems.  So, again, heck yes...ask a knowledgeable doc. 
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Linds, I directly think of the RSD I have, though I doubt that's the problem you have.
You miss a lot of the signs for that.
Maybe some circulatory problems coming now if you haven't been able to use that leg propertly.
Not uncommon. Also nerves can make this sensation you get with the warm feeling down in your leg. Have you tried with doing lots of ankle pumps during the day to get the leg going ?
If you have had this colouring all time and pain hasn't got worse since you started off I think you can relax. If you have RSD the pain should be there whatever you do.
Feel free mail or IM me if you have questions regarding RSD or something else. Will try help you if I can.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:53:20 PM »
Thanks Nettan, RSD was my first thought when I first got injured but the pain isn't soo bad and I know RSD is crazy painful.  I just wondered.. cause it's just kind of funny...
I do lot's of physio exercises all day and ankle pumps and things, so I really just don't know.. what the issue is. But when it does get swollen it does feel as if my circulation is comprimised, kind of like when you put an elastic band around your finger too tight...  ohwell, hopefully I get in to see the new OS soon.. though i'm not hopeful.
Thanks for your thoughts.. take care
Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:58:38 AM »
hi i had an accident where i landed directly on my kneecap and have aways found my injured knee to be a different colour to my other one since this happened.
it tends to look more "normal" coloured when im warm but goes purpley in colour when im cold!!!
i would definatley get advise proffessionally on the feelings in your foot,i was told i have damaged nerves in my knee , i get alot of numbness in mine and areas were i touch my knee and it feels like something is moving around inside!!
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
Thanks Clairebear, I kind of figure this colouring thing is permanent and just has to do with the damage that happened overall to my leg in the fall.  I have some damaged nerves in my knee from surgery... where it's numb or... I touch one spot and it feels like i'm touching a different spot in my knee.. Wierd..  I will ask the doc about it when I finally get in to see her.

I am not super worried about it as I said. I just wondered if people had similar experiences.. and it sounds like you have.

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK