Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can SynFlex Stop Pain and Help Recovery?  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Retrobeast

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
    • Save Your Joints
Can SynFlex Stop Pain and Help Recovery?
« on: October 08, 2002, 11:54:58 PM »
Found out I have a torn medial meniscus but have no pain. I want to make sure my knee joints stay fit with no arthritus.

I am thinking of trying this product out called SynFlex. It is supposed to have 98% absorbability of Glucosimine.
Has anybody heard of it?  A friends father swears by it.
It is supposed to be great for athletes, arthritis, and they even have something for dogs?

They are at www.activexamerica.com/at.cgi/210612/synflex

I want something to help protect my joints, is this stuff good?

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Can SynFlex Stop Pain and Help Recovery?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 12:09:45 AM »
Some people swear by it but I tried it along with chondroitin and it did nothing for me. Doctors still disagree on the benefits of the stuff. I guess it doesn't hurt to try it but it's very expensive.

Offline Netty

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'day from Down Under.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 07:51:28 PM »
This may sound weird but I've been rubbing Pure Emu Oil into my knee for about 3 months and I can't believe the difference. I don't know if my knee is just getting better on it's own or the oil helps. I was told it helps heal damaged tissue and eases arthritis. Only thing I know is I had pain in the joint for for almost 3 years and within 2 weeks I had no pain at all doing ordinary walking and such. It still hurts if I go over on it though. With a hinged brace and no pain I am just starting to play my tennis again. They have Emu Oil capsules that are supposed to help arthritis too.
Broke the cruciate and damaged the medial and lateral ligs playing softball.Hammy ACl recon Feb 2000(failed).Hammy ACL recon Aug 01(failed).Medial repair and Lateral loop Dec 01(failed).Still unstable

Offline Linda

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 02:22:10 AM »
Hi,

I have been taking glucosmine since December. I have not noticed any difference. My dog is an 11 year old Border Collie. She used to work on ranches. She has severe hip and back problems and was crippled. She has been on it for three years. I have not noticed any difference. She is taking prednisone now. She takes it every other day and is back to hiking. We have to check her liver function every 6 months though.

I figure it can't hurt, so we both keep taking it.

Good luck!
Linda
LR and Chondrplasty 1/22/02, Clean-up, Chondroplasty and biopsy 6/4/02, AC Implant 11/6/02, Micro fracture and adhesion clean up 8/12/03

Offline Retrobeast

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
    • Save Your Joints
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 08:16:05 PM »
I have tried regular Glucosamine too with minimal results but supposedly the SynFlex is supposed to absorb 98% into the joints compared to 50 to 75% using Glucosamine capsules.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 03:29:06 AM »
Hi!  I've tried about 4 different brands of glucosamine--and I'm still taking one of them because it saves me having to explain that to all of the "armchair physicians" I  know who can "fix" me.  I have not noticed any changes in my knees--but the OA in my feet has been a lot better.    I've been wondering if maybe, the level  of arthritis and damage determines how this treatment (and many others) help or don't help as the case may be.

For what it's worth, I haven't  tried SynFlex, so the calling is out on that.  I have a friend who swears by glucosamine and has had gotten back to a pretty normal  life after therapy, a chiro,  and his supplements.  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline cm

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 12:02:11 AM »
I use a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement from Costco (I believe it's their Kirtland brand) and a SAM-e supplement (400mg/day).    I used them for the first 6 weeks after my partial menisectomy (the OS stated I have a small spot of arthritis on the articular cartilege caused from friction of walking on a flipped/torn piece of meniscus).     After 6 weeks, I was in no pain whatsoever and stopped taking the supplements when I ran out.   After 2 weeks I noticed a dull pain in my knee on the joint line acting up and decided to start up with the supplements again.   After a few days the pain went away and I haven't had any since.    I believe the SAM-e is the one that really does the trick.

Just for reference: I'm 29, female,  fairly active - gym (cardio + weights 2x/wk), riding dirt bikes 2x/wk and mountain biking 1x/wk.

Left knee ACL reconstruction w/hamstring graft and meniscus repair 10/00
Left knee bucket handle meniscus tear - partial meniscetomy 4/8/03