Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help please/ knee pain  (Read 959 times)

Offline joey beans

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help please/ knee pain
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
I am an ice carver with a histoy of minor knee pains, never anything traumatic.  Over the past year or so I have intense pain in the rear and outside of my knee after I have been crouching for only a few minutes.  It hurts to get up and put any pressure on the knee for a few minutes.  I am also a chef so I am on my feet a majority of the day, as the day progresses it gets a little sore.  I have looked at almost all websites about knee injuries and cannot find a specific to what it could be, thought it might be a meniscus tear, but I don't know.  I could use any advice given.

redtoblack

Re: help please/ knee pain
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
It is possible that you have torn your meniscus, but your best bet would be to see an OS.  Get evaluated so that you don't do any more damage if there is something wrong.

Jordan

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »
Hi there

There is a possibilty that it could be a meniscus tear, but my advice to you would be to get a professional opinion. Get your GP to take a look and if they feel that there is a problem they will refer you to a OS who will be able to confirm any issue. For now rest up and be careful on it incase there is a problem you don't want to aggrevate it more.

Hope it all gets sorted

Sarah

Offline joey beans

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 01:46:19 AM »
I have an appointment with my gp next week, now there is significant pain to the touch at my lateral joint line.  any ideas?

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 03:00:27 AM »
Hi Joey,
It does sound like a lateral meniscus tear. Until you get in to see your GP, try not to do anything that causes pain, like crouching. If it is a tear, the pressure and twisting could make it worse. Good luck with your appointment.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 03:45:44 AM »
I certainly wouldn't call this advice but "experienced"
You didn't say how old you are so I am probably wayyy out in left field.

Do you remember stressing the knee or did the pain just pop up?   
Does it make creaking sounds or popping sounds?
When I had meniscus problems I knew when I did it and it was a sort of squeaking..creaking sound.
It hurt if I had weight on it or not.

BUT my osteoarthritis just came out of the blue and I could hardly walk. (and this is the good knee)
It makes a popping sound when you straighten or bend the knee.  It doesn't hurt if you don't put weight on it.
My pain is to the outside edge of the back of my knee. (on my natural knee, not the TKA..now when you get to that stage it is easy to diagnose)
And my OS has diagnosed osteoarthritis...MRI and debridement
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:50:10 AM by L. Thomas.net »
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

support