Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Clunking Noise And Pain  (Read 1636 times)

Offline mark16greaves

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Clunking Noise And Pain
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:12:57 PM »
Please could someone shine some light on the situation i find myself in. I started with following symptons some 2 years ago now, i was sat on my living room chair with my legs bent underneath me. I then felt like something inside the knee had moved to some degree. As i tried to extend the knee straight the pain was excruciating, upon the knee reaching almost full extension there was a loud clunking noise and the whole joint shuddered back into place with pain. :'( The knee would then hurt for several hours after the event. Eventually i was diagnosed has having miniscus damage, this was shaved away on the 11th of December 2006.

Then on boxing day, after what i thought was a good recovery, the same thing happened and the pain was terrible. This sympton has persisted and got worse. I have now been reffered to another OS at my hospital in Manchester , with a view to another arthroscopy. I have had an MRI scan and this has shown a tear to a ligament in the rear of the knee however my previous OS thought that this was nothing to do with the " popping out and clunking noise " I am suffering. I am a fitness freak and was running 4 times a week , cycling 3 or 4 times and climbing once a week. This has all stopped now as a result of my dodgy knee. I feel so so depressed and feel like i have come to a dead end. Help me I NEED MY LIFE BACK. 

Thank You

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Clunking Noise And Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »
Hi

Read your post - which hospital in Manchester treated you???? which Orthopaedic Consultant saw you?

I am a volunteer at North Manchester General and work in the fracture/Orthopaedic clinic of all places.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester

p.s. which part of Manchester do you live?   I am in Higher Broughton.
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline mark16greaves

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I was under Mr Sochart at NMGH however i have now been reffered to Mr Phaltankar. Spoke to his secretary this morning and now waiting for an appointment. I'm from Moston originally but recently moved to glossop for my cycling and climbing etc.

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »
Hi

David Sochart is the top Orthopaedic Consultant at NMGH and the other name is amongst several OS at NMGH.

If your next appointment is on a Thursday morning, then introduce yourself - I take the patients and their notes to outpatients C.

Keep in touch

Best wishes

John
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon