Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Meniscus Repair - 8 weeks later  (Read 539 times)

Offline hugovilchez

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Meniscus Repair - 8 weeks later
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »
Hi there, I has a meniscus repair to my left knee exactly 8 weeks ago following a squash game.  I was told by my doctor that I would be healed by this time however I still feel pain on the left side of my knee which is the side that was operated for the repair.  Although the pain is not as bad as prior to the operation and I no longer limp, it still bothers me and does not allow me to return to full sports as the doctor has predicted.   I am biking, lifting light weights with my leg 3 times a week. Any other advice?
Many thanks

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Meniscus Repair - 8 weeks later
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »
Hi there

Sorry to hear that your still experiencing problems. Are you doing set physio given to you by a physio? After any surgery on the knee the muscles can get extremly week and they unfortunatley take such a long time and hard work to get back, and this can cause pain in the knee, due to the fact the knee isn't getting the support it needs from the muscles. If you are still concerned about the situation maybe try giving your OS a call. Theres no harm in letting them take a look at it, it's better to be on the safe side, just to put your own mind at rest. It has been a while since you had surgery.

Sarah