Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bone spur healing / scar tissue  (Read 15602 times)

Offline kevin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Bone spur healing / scar tissue
« on: September 05, 2002, 09:14:36 PM »
Hello. 20 days ago, I had a bone spur removed from my knee. It was on my femur and it was about the size of my little finger.  My question is about the scar tissue/incision scar.  Is it correct to massage the scar/scar tissue? I'm worried that when I do this, I'm aggrevating the area where the bone spur was removed and it will grow back.  Should I leave the scar tissue alone?  It feels very bruised, and I don't know if the massaging is what is causing this feeling.  Also, do bone spurs always grow back or how can you prevent them from growing back.  Thanks!!

Iona_-Uk

Re: Bone spur healing / scar tissue
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 11:16:51 PM »
Kevin, I have a article on adhesion (scar tissue) in the soft tissue problems area of the site which you my find helpful.

Iona

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 11:18:41 PM »
P.s Sorry- you may find that if you post again in the not sure whats worng- need help? section you will get more replies and maybe the advice you need as it is the section most of us who come here look in first.

Iona

Offline kevin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 11:30:23 PM »
thanks.  i'm new to this site and i can't seem to find the article.  could you email it to me at [email protected]?  thanks!!!

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 11:43:04 PM »
I know the feeling I will certainly mail that to you shortly.

Iona