Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: raynauds and knee pain?  (Read 886 times)

Offline Beth621

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
raynauds and knee pain?
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:31:15 AM »
Anyone heard of a connection between raynaids and knee pain?  My toes alternate between hot and inflamed to freezing cold and bluish purple.  On top of everything, I have chronic knee pain from chondromalacia apparently.  I have rested my knee for 3 weeks now and no relief.  The knee is still painful and hot and red.  I'm wondering of there is something else that is causing this pain since it is coupled with the interesting toe colors?

Offline Audice

• Global Moderator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: raynauds and knee pain?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:05:32 PM »
Hi Beth ~ I, too, have Raynaud's Syndrome that affects my fingers rather than my toes. I've found that since I stopped smoking years ago the incidences of my fingers turning absolutely white has diminished dramatically. I don't honestly understand how your toe problems affect your knee but since it's a circulation problem it could happen. But that's for a pro to determine. A rheumatologist is probably the best person to address the immune problem. And if your toes are chronically cold, you might try packing dancer's wool (sheepwool) around your toes & wearing a wide enough shoe so you're not cutting off circulation. Wishing you well...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

support