Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Advice on knee injury  (Read 760 times)

Offline homersfan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice on knee injury
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:16:35 PM »
Four weeks ago, I fell awkwardly whilst skiing. Immediately after the fall, the knee became swollen and tender in the collatoral ligament area, although I still had full mobility, although it was painful to walk and straighten the leg. Upon returning from holiday over a week later, I visited the doctor, who advised me that it was probably a ligament strain, although he only examined the knee from a bent position, and advised me to rest.  I have been following that advise but in the last two weeks, however, the knee seems to be getting worse. It is painful to walk on and regularly makes a clicking noise that wasn't there initially, although I am able to put pressure on it. If I touch the kneecap, it creaks and there is some abnormal movement in it compared to the other one and the whole knee feels slightly tingly.

Is this something more serious than just a ligament strain?

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Advice on knee injury
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:38:47 PM »
Hi there

Sorry to hear your having problems. By what your saying I wouldn't just put it down to a ligament strain. I would have thought that if it was it would have settled down with rest. unfortunatley I cannot say what the problem could be. My opinion would be to revisit your doctor and get them to refer you to a OS. A doctor only knows so much and an OS would be able to advise you properly on what the problem is. Until then just keep the knee rested and ice it to get the swelling reduced.

Hope everythink gets sorted

Sarah

support