Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee injury question?  (Read 826 times)

Offline darmitage1215

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee injury question?
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
can someone please help me aweek ago I tripped over a bag but didn,t fall just kept on going with no knee strength at the time, I'm getting knee pain especially up and down stairs or when I get up from a chair or something but there is no tenderness or lock of the knee, what could the problem be? will walking hurt because I have to walk on my job, please reply

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: knee injury question?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Hi there

First thing that I would suggest is to get and see your GP and if they feel that there is any problem they will refer you to a local OS. When you pulled the knee did you feel a tear or did the knee twist? Maybe it could have caused a problem with the cartlige, the only way to know is to see an OS. Don't leave it though it's best to get these things sorted quick time.

Hope it all sorts outs

Sarah

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »
Hi,
Sarah is right. The first step is going to your GP to find out if there's anything seriously wrong. If you have torn your meniscus or something like that, it can get worse without treatment.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.

Offline darmitage1215

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »
doctor told me that he doesn,t think its a torn carlidge because its not tender and my knee doesn,t lock but I get pain when walking up the stairs or getting up off the couch or when I walk too much and yes I think my knee could have been twisted but at the time I lost strength of my knee