Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kelsey's TTT  (Read 12094 times)

brianne

Re: Kelsey's TTT
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2007, 01:43:50 AM »
Kelsey,

Sounds like you are doing great.  I heal quick, but that is just me.  That is exciting about your birthday coming up soon.

As for me...I am not doing so good right now.  I have a really sharp pain and swelling in my tibia.  My shoulder is also really painful.  Oh well, I'll get better and be back on track.

Brianne

Offline Kelsey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • several
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »
Brianne,
do you know what is causing the pain in your tibia? I know the shoulder thing is kind of up in the air right now. Maybe you should talk to you physical therapist?

Kelsey
15 yrs. old
tons of dislocations and subluxations on both knees
TTT/LR/medial reefing on left knee- August 29, 2006
TTT/LR/medial reefing on right knee- February 13, 2007

Offline goalie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Fulkerson R knee Feb.8/07
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2007, 02:25:00 AM »
Hi Kelsey,

Question - do you get a lot of swelling near your incision where they did the TTT?  If I am one my leg for any length of time it balloons up on me and then I can't really bend my knee.  Just wondering if this is normal - as we had our surgeries around the same time.  I am also freaking out over the different OS protocols.  I was allowed to FWB at 3 weeks with the immobilizer on and now am panicking that maybe my bone isn't healing.  I see the OS on March 28th for x-rays. I don't have a lot of pain with FWB and still use the immobilzer for walking for another few days.  He said at 6 weeks post-op I could ditch it.  I am at 5 weeks today.  Just wondering why there are such varying protocols.  Thanks,  Goalie

Offline Kelsey

• Forum Faithful
  • several
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
Goalie,

My leg still swells up a lot. My knee is literally, just like you said, a balloween by the end of the school day. And it does make it a lot harder to bend, because of hte extra fluid in there.

Why do you think your bone isnt healing?

The OS protocals vary so much with this surgery. Im not sure why it is, but every OS seems to have his way of doing things. My OS seems to have a longer and more conservative protocal, but it works for me. Brianne's OS has a very fast protocal which also works for her. Everyone is different.

Kelsey
15 yrs. old
tons of dislocations and subluxations on both knees
TTT/LR/medial reefing on left knee- August 29, 2006
TTT/LR/medial reefing on right knee- February 13, 2007

Offline RMancini

• Regular Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »
Goalie:

That swelling is quite normal.

Here's what is happening to you.

You leave your leg in the down position for awhile... the blood vessels in the leg expand as gravity brings blood to them (just like the blood rushes we felt after surgery).... and with that expansion of vessels comes more volume in the leg and hence, swelling in the leg.

Prop it up as often as you can throughout the day... and take walks as often as possible to get your heart rate going and moving blood around the body.

It will help. 

Rob
Fulkerson on Left knee- 26-Jan-07
Residence: Maryland