Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Now I’m worried…  (Read 1180 times)

redtoblack

Now I’m worried…
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
I gave in and called my GP’s nurse today to find out if I could get a Rx for PT, or if they had any suggestions on gaining ROM.  She called me back and said “you need to call your OS today.  The Doctor looked over the info from your surgery and you shouldn’t be having any problems.”

After I got of the phone with her I called my OS office and talked to his nurse.  I told her what was going on and asked if I could just get a referral for PT or have some ideas what to do.  She said that I shouldn’t be having any problems or pain now and that I need to come in tomorrow.  I told her that I really didn’t want to come in because of the money and she said that they can work something out and to be there in the morning.

Now I’m freaked out.  She wouldn’t tell me anything other than something is not right.  What could be going on in there.  It’s not like they repaired anything, all he did was cut stuff out.

Jordan  ???

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Now I’m worried…
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:02:27 AM »
Hey Jordan,

I wonder if they just don't want the liability of writing a scrip for PT without blessing it first.  Take a deep breath and let them take a look at it tomorrow and see if there really is anything wrong or if you are just progessing slower than they expected.  I know money is an issue and it at least sounds like they are being responsive to you.  I'm sorry you are still having problems - I love my PT if you want to come to NC...lol

Let me know how you do tomorrow.  I will be thinking of you and hoping for really good news.

Deborah

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:47:29 AM »
Hi jordan

Sorry to hear that your being put through this. I agree with deborah maybe they are just thinking that your not progressing as you should be and they want to just check it over to be on the safe side. Try not to worry I know it's not easy to say, but it is better to get these things checked out.

Hope everythink goes okay. Fingers crossed

Sarah

redtoblack

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »
Hi guys

I just got back from the OS.  He did end up prescribing PT, but he said he had no idea why my knee isn't bending.  Then he had the nerve to ask if I had injured it again.  I wanted to smack him.  I did every single thing exactly like I was supposed to do and this ROM issue didn't just come up out of the blue.  It's been progressively getting worse since I was off the crutches.  Heck, it might have been starting sooner, but I was NWB for the first two weeks.  I hate being treated like I was the one that did something wrong. 

I just hope that the PT helps.  All he said is that I need to come back in three weeks and if there isn't any change then we will have to look in to other options.  Whatever that means. 

Jordan >:(

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
Hi Jordan,

Hopefully PT should help.  Sorry had to laugh at the "other options."  I think that is the catch all for "I have no idea" and they are probably hoping the PT will do it so they don't have to think.  Also, just like many, it is easier to point the finger elsewhere.  Not that they did anything wrong with the surgery before but since it did not work the way they thought it should why not blame the patient. 

Truly hoping this works for you. 

Deborah

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 11:52:22 PM »
Hi Jordan

Sorry to hear that your OS wasn't being more helpfull to you. Hopefully you'll get some decent results from your physio. If you feel that it's not going well and your not getting anywhere with you OS then think about getting a second opinion, sometimes it's worth it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Sarah

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »
Jordan how is the PT going or have you started  yet ?
Like Deborah said they always think that the PT will work but leave the door open for "other options' that is what I have heard frrom my os since surgery in Jan just relax easier said than done we all know and do the therapy we are all here to support you and share the frustrations that go with all the knee stuff that we are dealing with hang in there it will get better
Hugs
Caren
Caren

redtoblack

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
I had my first PT appointment today.  I think it went really well.  There is actually some hope :)  The girl I am working with is really nice and about the same age as I am.  She understands how important sports are to me and that I'm still young.  She even said that she couldn't believe that my OS didn't have me in PT from the beginning.  Especially since the amount of time that passed between my actual injury and the surgery.

Jordan

Offline sarah1928

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:57:23 PM »
Hi Jordan

Glad to hear that you've got on well with your physio and at least you've got a understanding physio who really wants to help. Hopefully the physio works for you and you start to see some improvement. Keep pushing it. I keep my fingers crossed that everythink turns out well.

Good luck

Sarah